A World Of Her Own

Waves of fire came gushing out like a fearless breeze across the lands. Cries of agony reverberated through the whole place. The stars were outshined greatly by the light emitting from the burning cinders, breaking down everything on their way.

Yet three people stood silently at the middle. Their gazes were penetrating, they were glowing. One in bright gold which could pierce even the brightest sun, who could stroke the clearerst skies, and who could cleanse the blackest night. Then there's the opposite one.

Her eyes clouded the light, her pupils fading through their colours. Her glows could overpower the brightness of the sun. Black. Her eyes were dipped in too much darkness as if everything she sees are nothing but black. Shadows were screaming all around her, it left a gloomy sensation, it was discord. But she looked so peaceful.

Then there she was. Her silence was defeaning. Her eyes glowing the palest blue, which could enthroned the highest skies, which could roam the deepest oceans. She was the embodiment of something so mysterious, something powerful. No words could describe her, she was like something that is not of this world.

She was evil yet kind, she was strong yet weak, and she has everything yet she has none. Everything was a matter of choice she did not make, she chose to have nothing. She was tired of it. Her face spoke no such emotions, but the air around her was heavy as if it carries her burdens instead. And everyone was aware of it.

"You don't even feel anything even at the death of your own daughter." The one with the golden eyes said.

And then it hit me. The girl laying on the corner not far from where they stood, was her daughter. She was not dead, she was breathing. But it was barely. Her small body was curled up in suh a way like she has been so much. It angered me when I looked at them.

"Ke'ala, you do understand, don't you?" Tanong nung isang babae na may madilim na mga mata. Lumapit siya sa bata at lumuhod sa unahan nito.

"Touch her any further than that and you will see what I am capable of."

"Oh we know what you are capable of. Pero hindi lang sa'yo may galit ang mundo." Nakangiti niyang sagot.

"Don't pretend to have emotions when you don't have any, Ke'ala." Wika naman nung isang babae. Nakadirekta ang mga gold niyang mata sa kunakausap nila.

"Then what are you suggesting I do, Iyana?"

"Kill yourself."

"You both know I can't."

"Walang ni isa ang may kayang patayin ka."

"I know you both can." Ngumiti si Iyana sa sinabi niya.

"You're really asking us to kill a friend?"

"Our friendship isn't like any other. It isn't like any tales where we end up happy and satisfied wih our lives. It isn't."

"Ako na ang magsasabi, Ke'ala. Hindi ka namin kayang patayin. Not because we wouldn't, it's because we just couldn't." Sabi nung babae habang kinarga ang maliit na bata na hanggang ngayon ay wala paring malay.

Sa isang iglap ay may nabuong kidlat sa kalangitan. Mas tumindi pa ang sunog sa paligid, napapalibutan na nito sila pero parang wala lang ito sa kanila. Mas lumakas pa hangin sa paligid na para bang madadala ang kahit sino. Biglang yumanig ang lupa, nahuhulog din ang mga malalaking bato.

"Where are you taking her, Andrea?" Her voice was cold and sharp, commanding.

"If there's someone in this world who can kill you, you know who it is." Sagot ni Andrea at mas hinigpitan ang pagkahawak sa bata.