The Final Lament

"This war seems to be ending in your favour." I said, my voice was low but there was not a trace of doubt left as I spoke so.

She did not turn for she continued to still her pale blue eyes among the echoes of fire below the cliff where she stood. I was grateful she didn't, or else I might just give birth to another unending doubt that seems to be lingering still deep inside me, something I could almost plead never to show itself. Perhaps it's better this way, perhaps it has always been meant to be this way, and perhaps I have always been fated to stand against her.

Smokes swirl like whirlwinds threatening to engulf everything down below, the sight of steels clashing against another which created frictions that appear to be highlighting each confrontation, then there was that sight of bullets flying trajectories against the currents of the pressurised, heavy winds, all intended to hit their specified target. Fragile shatters raced with the sound of explosions and gunfire, the distant noises blending in such a precise manner that anyone watching from afar could easily distinguish where each came from. Though strange enough, there was something about this war that just brings that kind of pleasure inside me, no matter how much I kept on ignoring that feeling.

"Beautiful, is it not?" Her voice came in so suddenly that it almost went past unheard.

Indeed, among all other sceneries, apparently sad or tragic may they be, Caelesti had always looked so beautiful matched against them. Perhaps the word itself is an understatement. She has the kind of face that would attract people but at the same time, keep them away. She wouldn't even need to do something to make everyone fear her, that cold symphony surrounding her was enough to send people off. Her hair, black as a midnight, moonless sky and eyes pale as a calm ocean brewing a storm.

However, it was never that appearance of hers people consider beautiful despite the endless slanders, it was what hid beneath, something that only those who has been with her could see. It was the way she looks at everything as though anyone had faded, it was the way every moment seem to pass in silence whenever she smiles, it was the way she brings life to anything she puts her trust upon, and the way she simply speaks so deep without hoping people to understand. She was simply a complication of countless questions she never truly got the chance to answer. She was lost, and she had long given up finding herself through an unjust acceptance.

She is a sad tale--never tragic because of it, but tragic because she's in it. I lament--very much so, for the only way to end such a saddening tale is to get her out of it. Yes, and that is through death.

Footsteps trailed behind me, they were gentle, unhurried, as though they were exhausted. My face turned behind, and I was met by the smell of copper, blood tainting their armours. I refuse to tell which blood it belonged, but it certainly wasn't just from the enemies they have struck down. Silverrium sat on the subtle ground below, his knee up as the other laid steadily, drenched in red as Thana carefully settled on the rock where he had leaned over, her gaze shifting between the male demon and Ke'ala, her face distorted in both worry and determination.

Then there was Amakin, clutching his arm, gritting his teeth, clenching his fist as he fixed his gaze solely forward, as though he was seeing something that was never there. Nobody minded though, like they knew exactly what he was thinking. A woman emerged behind them, her hand holding a tricorne she took from her head, short braided hair falling as she did. The corner of her eyes went towards me only for a momentarily, enlightenment showed in her eyes before heading straight towards the figure standing on the edge of that cliff. She reached out, only to pull it after with a clench, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"The others?" It may have sounded with her usual indifference, but everybody knew otherwise.

The woman, wearing a pirate clothing, slowly shook her head, directing her eyes below. "War is a maze, no one truly knows the exact way to the exit."