Chapter Thirty-Four

Stumbling Within the Grip of Time

I was drenched in sweat before I even came to realize it. Sun continued to find its way higher up in that clear sky and the sands beneath were scorching, burning my skin. Even the wind that was passing by every moment and now was warm, too warm.

My entire sight was filled with nothing but golden sand ranging from a distant I could no longer see. There are cacti around and huge rock formations edged almost everywhere, but none of them could serve as a guide.

I was panting, all our breathings were ragged to the point that we couldn't even keep up with our pace anymore. But stopping for a rest is not a good idea either, the sun above is too hot that I'd surely melt down if I were to stay still.

"I can't take this anymore!" Andrea screamed beside, taking off the last of her clothing—leaving a white sleeveless shirt underneath. Well, not that I don't sympathise.

"I-I'm...dying.." we heard Iyana whispered behind, she was several steps from us due to her slow pace.

If we were drenching in sweat, she was in a far more worse state, she's bathing with it. Iyana always had a slow stamina, I noticed that improved a lot but against this heat...she's withering. I sighed and looked around, taking off my hood.

The Desert of Carridean

The Desert of Carridean. I knew deserts are hot places, but I didn't expect it would be this hot. Every single time I step, my boots sank unto the sands, and despite the protective covers around my foot, I could still feel the heat seeping through my bare skin. My body tried radiating energy to protect myself, but it's useless...because it only added to intense heat I'm feeling.

It had been a month since we left Arizole. I didn't really have a great time there, but I guess it was reassuring to get back, to know what's going on around there. Because no matter how much they slap reality of how I no longer belong, the fact that I still grew up in that island doesn't change. But then again, I'm not that particularly attached.

Three weeks ago, Angela decided to return to Zyrendel along with Alaric and Lyn, she was hoping Andrei might have already returned and share some news with her. I haven't any idea what that mentor of mine has been winding up after I disappeared in this world for almost two years.

Then Alvar'ius, my brother, set himself to find Ka'ela, hoping to track her down. I'm actually very worried about their meetings, after all...Ka'ela had always been hostile when it comes to Brother, especially when I wasn't around.

Plus, remembering what my father told me about her plans...I guess it's better Alvar'ius went to settle her down. She's very much trying to kill me now after all. But as much as I'd like to think deeper about those things, I still have plently of problems I haven't dealt with. Now isn't the time to be thinking about others' wellbeings.