Chapter Sixty-Three Part III

Where Reverence Began

Five Years Ago...

"Azto," there came that low, unperturbed voice ringing down to the back of my mind that brought my spine close to a shiver at the very first moment I heard it. "I told you, I dislike alcohols."

It might not sound much, but I knew for a fact that it was a subtle warning, one that I am familiar with the most. I simply smiled, taking the glass filled with red wine on her table, the dim light of the room reflecting her beautiful image upon it. My hand gripped around the glass lightly, lifting the edge of it against my lips as I observed her with great willingness.

Her once long black hair was now cut off short that reached just below her neck. Her pale blue eyes shinning as though they were beacons that took over all the sights one may look at. She grew taller, more sturdier--but at first glance, she seemed so frail and weak that she would fall in a single push. That is not the case, of course. Every single flesh in this organization knows how bad it would be to pick a fight with the woman who is greatly feared by most.

"I wonder why." I said, leaning over the table where she was working as I put the empty glass back, crossing my arms. "Low alcohol tolerance?"

She did not answer, her gaze solely focused on the big rectangular map below. It made me shrug knowing she wouldn't truly pay attention to any of my ramblings. So I moved behind her, fingers tapping my chin as my eyes carefully traced the lines she had been drawing since earlier. At first it appeared as if she was merely playing around with how she put the lines that connected to each other, as well as big random circles she would draw at intersections.

"Ah!" I snapped my fingers in realization. "Are you by any chance figuring out the World's Organization's main location?"

"We already know it's somewhere down in Magnus." She answered, not exactly minding my presence either way. "I'm running out of time." She whispered to herself, clenching the pen she was holding.

"If you will it, your followers will move." I said, knowing how much she wanted all this to end already."

"That's precisely the problem." She stood up, pushing her chair behind. "If I make my move now," she pointed at a middle of the huge circle on the eastern side of the map. "Magnus would just run."

I nodded. "You have a point. The World's Organization have a habit of acting all aggressive when they only meant to divert their enemies to something else so they could remain one or two steps ahead." I sighed. "That's the reason why our sacred organization could never win against them. But!" I shook my head dejectedly. "If we wait for them to create an opening, it would take us decades of years. That's how meticulous Magnus is."

"I'm running out of time, Azto." She glanced over at the southern part of the map with a frown. "The world's already crumbling down. Half of the entire south had already become a wasteland."

What she meant by wasteland is that half of the whole southern territory of the world already had too much energy to the point nature could not filter it anymore. This dangerous energy is similar to her nether energy in which only she in this whole entire world, can manipulate and bathe in without ever being affected by it.

Normally, being able to control both pure and dark is impossible for already controlling dark has huge chances of killing or taking over the holder. Nether energy is even more dangerous for it can literally leave something into nothing once fully unleashed, something this girl in front of me had long realized but was too contented with what she already has enough to meet her full potential.

This unfiltered energy could harm all aspects of life, drowning both pure and dark energy in which if an ordinary person with either too little or zero energy levels, could die in an instant. But that isn't what she's worried about. Because not only living things can die when being under the influence of this heavy and dangerous energy, as well as lands and oceans. In other words, everything that this type of energy touches, disappears--leaving behind a trail of vast lands filled with dusts and pouring ashes.