Chapter Thirty-Five

They Become A God

I had my doubts, but I chose not to entertain them for I had a feeling it would turn out alright in the end. Other than my mind, I have my premonitions to count on, and I have always believed them without fail. But as the tip of my blade touch the edge of her neck, it made me wonder why it never felt so wrong to actually put my trust out in the open around that time.

Silence circulated the surroundings, but within that scope of stillness, I could hear the rocks starting to break underneath the soles of our shoes. The warm air was immediately replaced by an intense heat, almost as though swallowing up every bit of exygen in this closed-space area.

Sands continued to ooze down from above, flowing like a fine liquid, its small particles mixing in with the waves of light coming from the apparent sun

Sands continued to ooze down from above, flowing like a fine liquid, its small particles mixing in with the waves of light coming from the apparent sun. A drop of sweat came running down from her forehead, then another.

She was looking at the deepest part of my existence, as though she was seeing something else, as though she was staring at another part of myself that I didn't know existed.

Celeztie claimed to be my own flesh and blood, half of her existence belong to me. People may say we are alike in all sorts of ways. Like her way of speech, reasonings, behaviours, manners, and image. But we both know those were just our facade, and we also both know how we're different in all sorts of ways.

Sometimes, I do wonder who this girl's father is, sometimes I simply don't care, and somtimes I just fear knowing would change everything. I could think of several options in a few seconds instantly but when it comes to that question of who this man is, it's like everything in my mind went blank and that familiar dizziness would come to take over. So I merely forget it.

"You know I hate being deceived." I said, withdrawing my blade.

"I knew you'd figure it out soon." She let out a bitter chuckle, averting her gaze from mine. "But in the first place, I had never said I'd lead you to Cretian Plains anyway. I do understand the language written in this scroll, but it wasn't a map that would lead you to your destination."

"It was a map that would lead me to the relic, Gïzë." I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself down as I clenched my fist. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because I know you wouldn't want it." I immediately opened my eyes to see her intensely looking at me as well. "You're the kind of person who could have anything yet chooses to have none instead. You're afraid everything would backfire and then leave you in the end so you settle yourself to something less."

I smiled, bitterly so. "Don't speak as though you understand me, Celeztie."

"I'd be lying if I say I do. Because honestly, no matter which side of yours I see, I could never bring myself to truly understand you. You're selfless, but don't you think it's time for you to actually pleasure yourself a little?"