Special Chapter: The Night She Became A Human

People have always misunderstood me—and yet I make no effort in correcting them. I made it to a point one day where I came to a realization where no matter how much I try to change their perspectives and prejudices of me, it will be no used. Once people think of one as evil, they will spare no time to rethink those mindsets. Thus, when the majority judged me as a villain and therefore I should die, I accepted it.

I do not fear death, there is no reason left for me to. I have done everything I have long planned on my game board, I have long set my pieces to do their roles, and I have long sacrificed my sanity for the sake of this arrangement. There was no going back, nor was the use of regrets. They are futile emotions, something that is a must to feel yet at the same time, there is no need to.

Others see myself as a being devoid of emotions for I feel no remorse when I kill nor I feel any trace of pity. I feel no such thing as sorrow, regrets, hatred, happiness—nothing. Nothing but satisfaction and content. Some regard me as a monster, but I think otherwise.

It is impossible to have no emotions, after all, even Gods have them, even plants, the skies, the soil—the world have these strange feelings, and I am no exception. I have become powerful not because I chose to become a monster, but because I had enough.

Truthfully, I do not blame humans for thinking of me as such, as well as the fact that I do not hate them for not knowing the truth and went on ahead blaming me for every misfortunes out there. People believe what the world wants them to believe and people put their faiths on what they are being led to.

As for what the world appears at the moment, it does not matter whether one have seen or heard the truth, for them; truth is something taught by the majority, something passed down through generations of beliefs, and truth is something told by the ones with power who claim that only them have the rights to these 'truths'.

My words aren't intended for people to understand, but I won't hold a grudge even if they don't. Some fear me while some pretend they do not. Some curse at me while some cannot say it directly on my face. Most despise my existence while most simply do not care. And very little are grateful to me while very little worship me, thinking I was some kind of God able to grant them their desire and hunger for power.

Somehow, I found myself entertaining such thoughts as I strolled around this abandoned yard. The grasses weren't tall, but they were enough to gently tickle my ankles as my weight slowly sank the soft, dampen soil. The surrounding trees were dead, but I had always deemed of it as strange while plants tend to grow around this area.

The smell of rusted iron then visited my nose as the silent howl of the passing wind passed by, making my long, black hair flutter silently behind me. The sun was already setting, its low, pitched-red sunlights hitting the tombstones; glistening against the threat of the falling sky.

 The sun was already setting, its low, pitched-red sunlights hitting the tombstones; glistening against the threat of the falling sky

The sight of these tombstones extend far beyond the reach of these pale, blue eyes. There were too many of them, something a simple concept of numbers cannot dictate. Hundreds, thousands...they appear to be endless. Still, I remember every single names imprinted on the layers of these stones.