Chapter Sixty-Nine

"Let Me Die"

"Check." He declared with a smirk, moving his rook all over the edge of my chessboard.

I shook my head, covering it with my bishop and at the same time going after her king. "Check."

He grumbled, moving his king one step upper. "This is quite getting tedious now, do you not think so, Miss Caelesti?"

"Oh please, the fun is just getting started." I replied, moving my horse to intercept his next move, as though knowing what he would pick next.

"But chess, huh? If I had not known better, I would have concluded such person of great power is not capable of any physical activity at this moment." He smiled, hinting a challenge as he moved a pawn forward, something I don't really see a point in.

I sighed, continuing on with my layout. "I rather you drop the pretentiousness, Zoro Fritz, was it? Your kind always had such strange names."

"Am I wrong?" His lips twitched into another smirk. "If my eyes aren't deceiving me, I am sure that collar around your neck has an energy-blocking system. Which means," he deliberately pause as he moved another piece, his pawn checking my own king and preventing me from escaping because od his bishops on both ends. "... checkmate."

I prevented the urge to roll my eyes by looking outside the transparent wall where clouds were covering the large ocean below. This game has been going on for almost an hour now, and it was indeed getting tedious. The Dragonbornes and the Legion Soldiers were battling when Iyana told her people to retreat, the Dragonbornes then completely surprised when they recognized me. Of course, I knew they didn't expect for me to be here.

They must have had planned to attack this ship knowing it is being chased by the World's Organization, making the army unable to intercept other enemies at the moment. They just didn't plan on how to deal with me beforehand but I didn't want to waste such opportunity that I invited their current leader in. To think the leader itself went after the enemy...this man must have a lot of courage if he thought his army of flies could completely overtake Iyana.

But he isn't stupid. I know so from the way he's been able to keep up with me, that he plans things meticulously. Iyana must have had something else in mind when she told her soldiers to retreat, but this man is certainly not an easy opponent. For all I know, something would have had happened if I didn't step in. Though I can't say the rest particularly like this idea of mine. After all, I just casually invited an enemy inside the only shelter we have.

I stood up, walking behind his chair, my smile reflecting upon the cup of tea on the table in front of him. "What happened to Zordon Fritz, the former leader of the Dragonborne Clan?"

"You...have no rights mentioning such a name." He scowled, clenching his fist on the table.

"Oh?" The corner of my mouth rose gently. "He died then. Pity. He was such an obnoxious man too."

He stood up aggressively, pushing me away as though my mere presence near his irritates him. His mascular body was enough to make me step back a few steps behind, and his figure tall enough that I had to look up, my height only about just under his chin. I frowned noticing this, simply because I didn't like it.

"Cut to the point, Caelesti of the Unknown. I am not like my my father who will play your game only to get heavily beaten by the end."