Chapter Sixteen

The Woods At Its Fall

Darkness. People say its evil, while there are some who says it's kinder than light will ever become. If it's me though, I exactly choose the second one. I have been out in the light for how-long-when and they may say I'm selfish, but what do they know about me? I have lived with my life always meeting with people's expecations, doing what they want and making me the kind of girl that would follow my Mother's example.

But who am I fooling? I can't lie to myself any longer. What's the point of establishing my own name through a 'good' way when my own family won't even acknowledge my presence? I'm already tired of pretending to be someone I'm really not. So here I am, being the 'real' me, someone who's hungry for power, someone who would want the best for herself first before anyone else. I know I'm selfish, but that's the least of my current concern.

"Have you found her?" There was that tone of impatience in my voice which made them flinch.

"W-We've covered almost half of the Enchant Forest—"

"The answer to my question should only be yes or no." My voice has yet to show my irritation, but they knew it was somewhere in there.

"N-no." One of them admitted which made me sigh in dismay.

"Go." But they didn't move. I turned my head to face them, where a dozen of Exodus stood, all wearing white cloaks and masks covering their faces. "Leave before I decide to kill all of you." They all scattered away then, almost a mimute after, they left no traces of them being there.

Nandito ako ngayon sa may kakahuyan kung saan lang malapit ang tribu. For the past week, we've managed to take over the Fire Tribe, and we're quickly gaining an advantage against the Water Tribe, at masisigurado ko na sa loob ng ilang araw ay mapapatumba narin namin ang tribong iyon.

It was not in our plan to take all all the tribes, just the Fire Tribe is enough. But Alchemia students are almost everywhere in this Woods, we have to contain their numbers somehow para matapos narin namin ang ginagawa namin dito. We're buying time by attacking the tribes para doon ang focus ng Alchemia students, not directly attacking our base of operations.

Because if that happens, mas lalong magiging mahirap ang extraction ng resources na kinakailangan namin. I'm not exactly sure why we needed it in the first place, but I was told na may ginagawang weapon ang leader and no one knows what it was.

Pero hanggang ngayon hindi parin gumagalaw ang mga studyante ng Magnus. I know for sure that they're already here days ago, but why are they keeping it down? Almost as if they're just observing. I sighed. There's a part inside of me that wanted to see them and there's a part that I don't want to. I'm conflicted. I wanted to show them myself when I feel like I'm finally ready, stronger and tougher.

A gust of wind blew right beside me, along with that were light footsteps indicating somebody was there. Hindi na ako tumingin sa direksyon nito para malaman kung kay sino nanggagaling ang tunog at sumandal na lamang sa may punongkahoy sa tabi ko. Nakatingin ako sa kalayuan, kung saan pataas palang ang araw.

"You should rest." Boses ito ni Alaric. "You've been handling things here while I was away for three days now." Alaric was busy attacking while I handle the defence in here.

"Kakarating mo lang, ikaw dapat ang magpahinga." Sagot ko. "How is it?"

"We've already pushed the Alchemians to their limits, tomorrow we'll launch a full-scale attack at makukuha rin natin ang Water Tribe."

"What about those Magnus students?" He crossed his arms and I feel his gaze on mine, but I didn't return it.

"Iyon ang parin problema. Walang nakakita sa kanila. Kahit magpakita man sila, it's already too late dahil makukuha narin natin ang Water Tribe."