Chapter Twenty-Two

Resetting Time

Several explosions were heard ringing almost everywhere reverberating through this whole place. The sound of our panting breaths were mixing with the scent of blood and sweat. They were only adding to the anxiousness I was feeling and I'm sure he wanted this to end just as I do.

The last Spirit Keeper stood a distance away from me, and he may look fine but I knew better than that. He has several scars on his body as well as bruises and wounds that could take time healing because of how critical the damages were. We've been through this battle for days now and to be honest, I already gave him every inch of power inside my body, as expected of the First Spirit Keeper though, he's old but his reputation as a Keeper shows how strong he is.

However, that doesn't mean I'm all ready to give up. In this situation, it's either I have the upper hand or I don't, I can either surpass my limits or I can bring him down using all of my life force as a shortcut. But dying at the final level? No, that would make everything I did up 'till now pointless.

"Gozio Giyoz, one of the five Spirit Keepers," I said gabbing his attention. "When are you planning to give up?" I raised a total of hundreds of weapons as they flew right above me.

"That is an ambitious thing to say, Ke'ala." He replied as he pointed his staff towards my direction. "We shall finish this in a single wave."

"Gladly." Closing my palm, all different types of weapons went forward to his position.

Sa lakas ng mga impact nila ay pati ang ibang mga matataas na bato sa paligid ay nawawasak narin, yumanig din ang lupa pero hindi pa ito sapat para mapatumba ang Spirit Keeper sa unahan ko. He complied with all of my attacks by raising what he was holding forward, emitting blue light from his palm, transferring the huge amount of energy unto the staff.

 He complied with all of my attacks by raising what he was holding forward, emitting blue light from his palm, transferring the huge amount of energy unto the staff

What appeared to be a beast suddenly formed from the light, hanggang sa lumaki ito at lumaki. The beast lounged itself towards my position, all my attacks were useless before it dahil lumulusot lang ang mga ito. The beats raised its huge claws aiming for my face pero tinaas ko lang ang isa kong kamay at sa isang iglap ay tumigil ang galaw nito.

"You're making it harder for yourself, Gozio." I sighed after hearing the beast roared in front of my face which was still immobile though I could feel his noise ringing from the back of my mind, almost destroying my eardrums. "As a Spirit Keeper, you have my respect."

"Don't think defeating my ancient beast would be easy. I poured all of my remaining energy to summon him, as things stand, you can't do anything—" he was silenced when the beats he was so proud of suddenly disappeared, blue fire then started spreading everywhere.

"I defeated other Spirit Keepers after all this time. I have learned how to perfectly control my energy because of it. Defeating you certainly isn't easy, but I would appreciate it if you stop attacking me with useless summoned beasts." Lumakad ako palapit sa kaniya habang siya ay paatras naman nang paatras.