Chapter Twenty

A Monster Masked With Beauty

I knew things aren't always going the way I want them too. And sleeping for three whole moths is a great example of it. Why did I fall in such a deep slumber? My body should at least feel weak and tired, but no, I was feeling stronger than ever. I didn't expect my hair to grow this long as well, having it shorter is better. But I'm not going to cut it this time.

"So you're saying you came here to personally see me?" I said after these two Spirit Keepers kept giving me riddles. "Ano naman ang kailangan niyo sa akin?"

"Kailangan mo nang balumalik, Ke'ala." Wika ni ni Julius.

"Your presence is greatly needed this time around." I frowned at what Lunox said.

I sat back on the bed as Julius kept walking back to back in front of me. As for Lunox, she was sitting comfortably on the couch. Kanina pa lumabas si Denaricus para hayaan kaming makapag-usap. These Keepers must be really susprised nung una nilang nakita si Denaricus.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Dark energy is spreading, Ke'ala." I smiled, bitterly so.

"And why would it concern me? Alam kong masisira ang mundo dahil sa masamang enerhiya na ito, but why would my presence be greatly needed this time around?"

"Do you still remember Etherion?"

"Who would forget your crazy plan of activating a tower to open up a portal to absorb our world's energy?" She chuckled, and it was a menacing one.

"Don't you still get it at this point?" I frowned. Ano ba ang akala niya sa akin? Some kind of a God? I just woke up from a three-month slumber and she expects me to think thoroughly?

"Cut to the point, Lunox." She sighed at tumingin kay Julius.

"Dear, ganito kasi yun." He said with his usual playful tone tsaka lumapit sa akin at hinawakan ang magkabilang balikat ko. "You need to activate the Etherion if you want to save multiple worlds."

"Are you...telling me to get myself killed activating something that needs millions of people's energy?"

"You've been gone for too long, Ke'ala. So it's only natural you don't know how serious this is." Wika ni Lunox. Kinuha ko ang mga kamay ni Julius sa balikat ko and crossed my arms.

"Why me?" There was that long silence after that question and I don't know if they just didn't want to tell me the reason or they just didn't know at all. "There are hundreds of Cursed Bloods out there, I'm not the only one who can absorb energy. Secondly, I'm not going to kill myelf for a world which has done nothing for—"

"Do you really think so?"

"Which do you mean? The first or the second one?"

"Both." I sighed.

"I don't know."

"We wouldn't find you for months if we knew there's someone out there who can replace you." Tumayo siya at sumeryoso ang mukha habang nakatingin sa akin. "Plus, do you really think we'll just let you die after activating Etherion? The problem here is you can't die by simple means."

"Oh so activating Etherion is a simple thing." I countered what Lunox said.

Napa-facepalm si Julius sa aming dalawa. Well it's inly natural that we're always arguing like this for the last time we part didn't really earn us a good chance to start a friendship like how I parted with Julius when we were back in the Spirit Land.

"Gosh, you two are making things more complicated. Sigurado akong napapagod lang si Ke'ala dahil kakagising nga lang niya. Lunox, we're going back tomorrow."