Chapter Thirty-Eight

Venturing the Unknown

The caste system. It's basically a system that decides whether one is up to the society's standards or not, whether one deserves to be respected or ignored, and whether one can be spared a time or none at all. Siegber Nations is a large Empire seperated into many states, and unlike other Kingdoms and Empires out there, this one is quiet, as though no such information can be revealed from the inside to the outside.

I see why the Empire is considered as the 'Sleeping Giant'—according to documentaries and books. It was known for such because over generations, no other countries dare to pick a fight with Siegber, as though they were completely aware that they could never stand a chance.

The Empire has always been silent, they never take part in this world's problems nor were they known for any sorts of achievements, famous landmarks, products, or tourists spots. They trade, of course, but they never allow any other ships or foreign embassies to enter their waters.

However, we're here, currently aboard a ship which is soon entering exactly these waters I have mentioned that no foreign ships should be allowed in. How indeed. Well, I did mention about the caste system.

Siegber Nations is at least known to be an archipelago, lands considered as states that are seperated by gaps of seas. Each of those states are mostly filled with nobles, that in this Empire, 60% are people from nobility while the remaining 40% are from plebeians or usually referred to as commoners.

In other words, once you're a noble of a higher  title, you are respected. Klein has been known as one of the oldest living noble family since both of the last Great Wars led by Denaricus, the Head of the Klein Household around those times. They've been around for hundreds of years now that it's impossible for them not to make connections in every parts of this world. And one of those connections happened to be in Siegber.

With Iyana's own personal connection when she was staying here before, we managed to get into one of Siegber's trading ships—but that's all her connection can help us. It'd be harder to get passed things when we land unto the port. And that's where she'll use the Klein's political power—

"I told you, this is wrong." Narinig kong reklamo ni Iyana, accompanied by another yawn.

Kanina pa nila sinusuri ang mapa na ilang oras din ginuhit ni Andrea dahil sa bawat maling detalye ay kailangan niya itong ulitin. Kaya ang resulta nito ay kanina pa nagbabangayan ang dalawa. Napabuntong-hininga na lamang ako at nilapag ang cup na naglalaman ng jasmine tea sa lamesa.

Not minding the two who are already throwing their weapons at each other, lumapit na ako sa mahabang mesa kung saan sila gumagawa. We're currently in a private chamber inside the ship. Looking at the small, glass circular window, nasa tubig parin kami. I could literally hear the seagulls gawking and the ocean waves hitting the edges of the ship.

"It doesn't look that bad." I complimented, taking the map off the table.