Chapter Thirty-Two

How Grasping Death Could Be So Intriguing

Hostility.

The whole island screams with it. The sight of the breaking sands, the sound of the rushing waves, and the soothing sensation brought by the cool breeze, everything was familiar yet at the same time, it isn't. The scorching sun above continued to rise, giving off that intense heat, yet the sweat the tickles down my forehead was cold.

My heart that was pounding with anticipation earlier, it stopped, halted as though without a sound. The emotions laid by dozens in front were telling me one thing, and that was a simple, dangerous, hostility. How amazing, isn't it? The expressions on their faces were something else, and I don't know why I feel rather amuse.

The moment my foot set inside the island, the moment the sands rocked underneath the soles of my shoes, and the moment my hair swayed along with the wind, they were all waiting there, shooting me their obvious oppositions. Spears and swords were raised in the air, all directed to one; me.

However, I can't just 'not' fight back. I know more than anyone else how useless it would be if I were to just surrender. They knew I was coming back, that great father of mine might have seen this coming. But really, it has been so long since I last felt the fresh air coming from the island, the usual scent brought by nature, it felt like everything was in place. The only difference was, I didn't feel like I've always belonged.

"What—" I raised a hand to stop my Alvar'ius, it would be bad if he were to go on a rampage.

"It's fine, Brother." I stepped forward and when I did, an arrow flew right beside my cheek, but that didn't stop me from continuing my pace.

"Halt! Ke'ala Feyree, halt!" This time, a spear was coming my way.

It had energy embeded into it which makes it faster and almost impossible to stop. As expected of Cursed Bloods, they are far more superior than any Knights. The only problem is that the target was me, and that already goes without saying that such a simple attack wouldn't stop me.

"Halt?" I said, catching the spear, and within a single touch, the whole weapon burned in an instant, its ashes mixing through the white particles beneath. I smiled, amused by the surprise expressions on their faces.

"Ke'ala, watch out." My Brother promptly reminded as dozens of arrows rain down my way from above.

"Don't worry, Alvar'ius," I lifted my hand through the air, clenching my fist and before the arrows could come in contact with my whole body, their motions stopped. "I'm not like before." I whispered.

Slowly, I opened my palm and motioned my hand in circles, upon doing so, the arrows all turned around, then they all went raining back to the Sentinels who just dared to hurt me. Though just like I did, before the arrows could hit them one by one, I stopped them all in their tracks as I heard footsteps coming from behind them. The Sentinels made a way for a single man, still looking the same as ever.

"Tell me you didn't just to try to murder them, Ke'ala." I smiled and decided to burn the arrows.

"I was contemplating whether to do so or not, but in the end, I decided against it. I don't want to start reducing my race now, do I?"

"Now I wonder where that kind, innocent, cliché, and naive Ke'ala went. She was thoroughly replaced by someone pretentious." Chief Lawrence Graymond said with a sigh, finally summoning a bow, his famous weapon that could pierce even the toughest wall.

"I am known as a monster outside, apparently." He just frowned at that reply, pulling back the string of his bow, creating a transparent arrow. "I was hoping you wouldn't point it at me." I added, referring to his weapon now preparing to be launched. The arrow isn't like any ordinary ones, it's big and embeded with large amounts of energy.