Chapter Twenty-Six

Her Laughter Under The Calm Evening

It has always felt vexing whenever things I expect aren't always going according to the plan. I know it's bound to happen, but it doesn't happen for me at all. As a result, I'm currently experiencing a dilemma. Of course everything would probably be fine if I handle it myself, but that's exactly he major problem. I'm not the one handling it and thus, I could only sit by and watch.

"Just kill them, that would solve the problem, doesn't it?" I suggested as though it was the most obvious solution.

Upon saying that, everyone looked at me. I sighed. How could I forget? Zyrendel may be an outstandingly powerful Kingdom, but it doesn't change the fact that most officials are corrupted. It would have been better if Kion takes the seat from the King then we wouldn't have to worry about how to operate the minor part of the plan. 

"That would obviously just make everything worse." Celeztie retored which made me frown. Perhaps we aren't that much of an alike after all.

"Don't be naive, successor." I pointed out. "If you won't kill them now, time would be delayed further just by thinking of solutions how to make your currupted officials cooperae in this war."

Those said officials are greedy of power. When Celeztie mentioned about the upcoming war yesterday, they all roared into anger like condemned animals. Naturally, they'd be against it. But we all know the reason why they wouldn't allow such a thing. They say it isn't good for the Kingdom, many innocent will die, the economy will fall, and such. They aren't wrong in that part, they'd be at war so it's obvious.

But they wouldn't allow it because if we lose, all the money they've embezzled until now will be lost and so do the power they've built over the years. The real problem is that if they won't cooperate, then my plan of winning this war will fail. Even if they're so against it, there's nothing to be done because the other party is bound to attack.

Which part of it they don't understand? Peace negotiations won't work here. Leomer is an Empire, naturally they will conquer. In short, these damn officials don't want to take the risks. But risks? Is it consider as one when I'm confident I'll win?

"Why must killing be the only solution for you?" Naiinis na tanong ni Thane.

"Because it's efficient." They all sighed hearing my answer.

"I'll take care of them myself." Sabi ng successor.

"Anyway," pag-aagaw pansin ni Freya. "Isn't it time already for you to share your plan? What's this snake and ladder game?"

"It's either they're after the King or..." my gaze landed on Celeztie who already knew what I'm going to say. "It'd be no problem if the King die—" I noticed Claudious glared at me but I just shrugged. Well he is the son of the Duke of this Kingdom, saying the King's death so comfortably is an insult for him. "But if you don't want your Kingdom to fall into ruins then she has to live, so I'll have to protect her myself." I continued pointing at Celeztie.

"So you're deliberately planning on directing the attack on Kei—Celeztie." Claudious stated. Before I was even aware of it, Celeztie began telling them that name. "Pretty cold for someone whose cousin is involved." They all bought the story of this girl and me being cousins, well that should explain the reason why we look almost alike.

"Kailangan niyo lang masigurado na hindi makakarating ang kalaban sa hari o sa successor niyo." Simple kong sabi.

"The upcoming war hasn't been made public yet." Thane reminded. "They'd go making riots once they find out. Zyrendel people loves peace too much."