Chapter Sixty-One

Sleberian Cross' History

Everything around me was white. Like I was stuck in an endless white space, and I was there, sitting on that same ground. Wala akong maramdaman na kahit ano. I don't even feel the ground. My body was so light that I was too afraid to stand up and fall. Since my left eye is still covered, I was left with my right eye barely able to see anything dahil sa liwanag.

Something was placed on my head gently, its weight pressing down against my hair. Nagulat ako nang ako'y tumingin sa itaas. I couldn't see his face because of the light, but I know that smile.

"Hey...you look tired." His voice brought tears to my eye again. My lips quivered kaya wala akong masabi. Natatakot ako na baka mawala na naman siya. I feel like I'll loose him again if I were to utter a single word.

"Why are you crying?" He crouched lower to my level, pero tumingin lang ako sa ibaba. I don't want him to see me in this state. I refused to see him. His voice was enough.

"I recognize those tears..." he lifted his finger and dusted my tears off. "They mostly show because of me." Bubuksan ko na sana ang bibig ko para magsalita nang pigilan niya ako.

"Shhh...huwag muna." He removed his finger on my lips. Then there was that smile again. "You can be cute when you cry like that...those blue eyes...they were my favourite sceneries." He said looking straight at my eye.

I had so many questions to ask...so many na hindi ko alam kung ano ang uunahin. If I speak to him, what if he'll just disappear and all of this was a dream? Nakakatakot. I rather stay dreaming forever than wake up in a reality that's so messed up.

I didn't want him to go. I wanted to tell him the things I used to hold back. Pero hindi ko magawa. I can't seem to find the right words that would express my feelings. He's right there in front of me, pero pakiramdam ko ang layo parin namin sa isa't isa.

"I really...wish things could have ended up differently. If it had, I could have kept on loving you." Tumayo siya. The smile still remained plastered on his face. A sad one.

I could only clench my fists as I watch him walk away from me. Sinubukan kong tumayo, but I just fell back on the cold floor. I could see his silhouette fading away...his footsteps slowly disappearing. The ground beneath was slipping away. My heart sank deeper. I felt so much pain a single tear wasn't enough to hold it in. I wanted to shout his name. Gusto kong sumigaw ng mga bagay na gusto kong sabihin sa kaniya. But only one word of whisper escaped my mouth.

"Why..?"

Then slowly, I heard something crack.

I gradually opened my eyes as I felt the sunlight through my skin. My vision was blurred. My arms started aching, as well as my back. My whole body was tired. Kinusot ko ang mata ko and cocked my head to the side. Narealise ko na nakatulog pala ako dito sa may upuan while I was sorting out the papers and plans for each teams.

My eyes were wet as I wiped them off. I wonder  if I had a bad dream.

It had been already few days, weeks even, simula nang umalis ang buong grupo para lumakbay papunta sa borders. Knights were already at the borders yesterday so I'm sure they already set things up.

We had trouble looking for the scout team, pero dahil sa ability nila ay madali lang naman ang lahat. I haven't been able to convinced them at first pero nagulat nga ako na sumama sila sa amin nung umagang aalis na kami. It turns out they really thought things through. And the condition with my arm and leg, maayos na matapos ang ilang araw na paglalakad. It seems that it just need a little long exercise.