Drowning Behind Death's Knocking

The feel of water against my eyes were painful, like something sharp and heavy at the same time and I suddenly felt the itch when I closed them. Liquid started penetrating my whole system, my chest was in agony, wishing for an ounce of air. And as I laid flatly on the solid floor, my body couldn't help but feel numb...until my heart halted, my breath leaving me.

"What were you thinking?!"

A pair of hands grabbed my body out of that hell, lifting me up and as I inhale a lungful of air, I noticed the abrupt difference in the surroundings. Air slowly replaced the suffocation I was under earlier, and I was grateful for it. I knew I would have died if I stayed underneath longer.

After coughing a lot, dizziness swept over like a powerful wind accompanied with the chill. I shivered. I came to notice I was surrounded by giant trees, beside me was a river where water flows harshly, up front was a big waterfall. My clothes were soaking wet, and so do the young lady in front of me. Her eyes were killing me, it was enough for me to say she's angry—furious even.

"We could have died!" Unlike my straight, long, black hair, hers were brown with a hint of red on the edges when facing against the light, it was all-tied up in a pontytail.

"I was only talking about the probability of success in jumping straight from the top of a waterfall, I didn't expect you would push us." I retorted back.

Her expressions are always so predictable that when she looked away, I knew she was embarrassed to admit it was her fault. But oh well, it had already happened, had it not? Plus, it's now that we got hurt in the process and the most significant merit in it was that we're alive.

I smiled. "Enough sulking Al, since when have you feared dangers?" I stood up offering a hand to help her do as well.

"Idiot. I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about you." She sighed taking my assistance. "And it's not that I pushed you guys on purpose. Something just bit me behind and as a surpise..." I chuckled seeing her playing with her fingers. She looked like a child explaining how she did something wrong.

"Anyway, where's Irona?" I started panicking inside when I couldn't see her.

"I'm here." I immediately turned around when I heard a soft voice behind me.

Over there, I saw a tall girl dusting off her clothes. She has a short, wavy, and black hair that reached up just above her shoulders. It has a slight mixture of brown when people look clearly though. Unlike the two of us, she was completely dry although I did remember the three of us falling together.

"Hey, why are you—" hindi na siya hinayaan pang magpatuloy sa sasabihin niya.

"Hindi ko naman hahayaan ang sarili kong mahulog sa tubig." She said as though it was the most obvious. Nilibot niya ang paningin niya at kumunot ang noo.

"Nasaan na tayo?" Tanong ko.

"Hindi ko alam." Bumalik sa amin ang tingin niya. "Pero alam kong malapit na tayo. Wala ka pa bang nakikita sa mga visions mo?" I shook my head.

"It's not like I can manipulate when to have visions." I sighed. "Shall we set up a camp?" The moment I said that, the three of us suddenly went on guard.

May nararamdaman kaming malalakas na enerhiya sa paligid, papunta ito sa direksyon naming tatlo. Nagpalabas si Al ng dual blades niya habang si Irona naman ay nagsummon ng isang katana. We all know these huge spiritual energies are familiar, they were so strong that our legs were trembling.