Chapter Sixty

That Beauty In Which She Was Masked With

I could not figure out whether I was closing my eyes or not. Darkness sheathed like black paint pouring down in droplets. My face felt like it was burning together with the intense lines of heat throbbing underneath my left eyesight. Metallic smell of red liquid colluded with the trail of stench wind and it was unpleasant. My body was in a dire state, as if every bones inside have shattered and it was a wonder how I still manage to have a clear consciousness.

I was hearing that barely inaudible beat of heart pounding against my chest, ringing through the end of my head which added to the chaos that was impending my mind. The feeling was the absolutely worst, with every part of me exuding pain like needles going through in and out of my skin. I couldn't do anything but feel the rough terrain subtle enough to massaged my back in another stabbing sensation.

I groaned, cursing myself on not being able to remember how the hell I ended up in this situation. I could barely feel my energy, hell, I even doubt I could survive another shot. Where am I anyway? And why can't I see anything? It doesn't scare me though. Rather, darkness calms me down more than anything else. But that isn't a necessary evaluation at the moment. If I want to know my situation, I need my eyes.

Movements. There were movements. I could tell by the sudden shakiness of the air, the light noise of their footsteps creaking subtly on a wooden floor. Then a sensation of energy. It was heavy, it felt like the atmosphere was condensed into a wave of something sharp and overbearing. It began to course through my veins, blending with my own dark energy. I began to convulse, a screech escaping my lips. It was painful, as if pins were flowing through my blood and I was being subjected to such torture without being able to do anything about it.

"Don't fight my energy. Accept it." A disembodied voice, spoken in a flat but modulated tone.

I calmed, the voice having such effect. My breathing returned to normal, my heartbeat slowed and the pain around my body started dispersing. The energy was overbearing, but it wasn't that bad when I accepted it naturally inside me. What came first were colours, bright figures almost blurring like motions that I couldn't catch. As soon as the energy settled inside me, I the dizziness from earlier vanished, replaced by confusion. I sat up while squinting.

"Who are-" Hindi ko na natuloy ang tanong ko nang makita ko kung sino ito.

Nakasuot siya ng bughaw na cloak, natatakpan ng hood ang buhok nito pero makikita ko parin ang mukha dahil nakalagay sa gilid ng mukha niya ang maskara na kadalasan niyang suot. Nakikita ko ang bughaw na mga mata nito, pati narin ang kaunting mga sugat sa mukha niya. Nagkatinginan kami ng ilang segundo bago ko iniwas ang sarili kong tingin tsaka humiga na lamang ulit. Nasa isang sira-sirang cabin kami, madilim din sa labas.

"Do I look like her that much?" Tanong niya sabay sandal sa pader malapit sa bintana.

"I didn't even say anything." I replied, sighing.

"Your look told me instead."

"You're just as perceptive as your sister."

"We're different."

"...I can tell." I stared at her figure gazing over the full grown moon outside the window, the bluish light seemingly making her eyes glow. "Her eyes are pale crystal blue, like a clear gem unhindered with no more colours. Yours are bluer, with darker shades surrounding it like a that same pale crystal gem only this time, they were slowly getting drowned by those shades."

"Your straightforward nature and honesty are refreshing."

"Why? Too used dealing with pretentious people?"