Chapter Forty-Three

The Steady Rhythms of Fate

"Fascinating, don't you think so?" A voice came so suddenly behind me, making me look back to see a man offering down his hand while wearing a stern face. "Pleasure to meet you, Caelesti of the Unknown."

I looked up, our gazes meeting silently and from those eyes, I could already feel trouble brewing. There's just something about his optimism along with enthusiastic emotion that stirs up that bad premonition inside me, but despite those positivities that radiate from him, he remained looking at me with that collected and seemingly strict facade.

I took his hand, realizing I had kept him waiting for a few moments. The skin against mine was cold, subtle, and a little greasy. He has a pair of glasses slid off just on his forehead, his eyes were a shade of the colour orange. He wore a brown, leathered jacket with white long sleeve tucked inside. His black hair was barely dry, falling each beside his ears. But the energy around him felt like it was in turmoil, patiently waiting to be released.

"Mine as well."

"I am Lucis Voltron—"

"One of the finest alchemist in Enchansia." Finé interrupted from the man's back.

"Lucis Voltron." I repeated, smiling. "It has a nice ring to it."

"Weiss did mention in her letter that you were looking for something, and perhaps I might be of assistance."

"I sent him a letter in advance days ago that we were coming. Doctor loves moving around, so we might have trouble finding him if I hadn't." Finé then glanced at Astoria who hasn't moved from the doorstep, her senses reeking of precautions. "And oh right, the metals. I'll take Astoria somewhere she can get comfortable with, I'll be back later."

She took Astoria's hand. "By the way Caelesti, don't overdo things." Before I could even ask what she meant, they were both already out; the door slamming shut. I just shook my head with a sigh then return my gaze to the alchemist.

"Weiss doesn't necessarily get involve with whoever nor whatever unless the Organization orders her to." He turned around and opened a door towards another room. "And her job is to kill candidates, not help them."

I followed after him, closing the door at my back as I watch him settle behind a rectangular oak desk filled with vials and test tube racks containing different coloured liquids. The room was blending with the scent of magic and rusted gears.

Candles lit up, illuminating the surrounding space that I hadn't realized was that dark. Sliding down his glasses, he then opened a book as energy started dancing around him. His spiritual energy is different compared to any others, there was something about it that's just too pure, as though his life force was filtered by himself and not through his surroundings.

 His spiritual energy is different compared to any others, there was something about it that's just too pure, as though his life force was filtered by himself and not through his surroundings

Every living things have spiritual energy, but there are some who aren't capable of using it and thus, they live their lives without having any abilities nor any form of magic. For those who have one though, these spiritual energies came from a life force, one that governs one's life.