Chapter Sixty-Four Part I

The Grand Game of That Who Plays With Power

I stumbled back, almost tripping over the weapon rack behind. My eyebrows furrowed at the woman in front of me, her dark shade of blue eyes reminding of someone I shouldn't have. But I calmed myself down, shaking my head as if erasing a sudden memory which sparked another batch of regrets and anger. There's no point in acting those emotions, I know. There is nothing more that I can do now but make sure I would no longer lose.

I scoffed seeing her smirk, straightening myself up as I snapped my knuckles. The room was spacious, wide enough that it could probably fill a hundred people all at once. The crystal glass ceiling above the only thing serving as the light from a setting sun, leaving some corners of the room darker. I watch her place her arms behind her head, taking things easy despite the soreness of her muscles. She would always complain after our daily sessions no matter how much she tries to act all unbothered.

I walked towards her at a calm pace, closing and opening mg fists in preparation. She tilted her head, waiting for my movements. That was until I grew impatient and dashed right over, her stance returning to normal as she approached my punch with a kick. I simply jumped, turning myself mid-air above her as I used her shoulders as a leverage to land safely. She turned around hastily, blocking my punch by catching my right fist. I instead used my right elbow, shifting it to the side.

She caught my elbow with another hand, leaving her open. It didn't take a second for me to hit her stomach, taking a step back. That may have seemed like a few minutes already, but in actuality, our movements were too fast that all of that only took around three seconds. Her smirk did not falter though, mapaglaro siyang klaseng tao at wala siyang sineseryoso. Hindi na nakakapagtaka kung bakit ang bilis naming intindihin ang isa't isa.

She rolled her body forward, tumbling on the solid floor as she attempted to hit me with her feet. I blocked the first with my arms tightened before my face as I stepped back, only for her to attached her to spin through the air and land her feet on my shoulder. The sudden attack brought me to my knees, but our exchanges did not stop there. I slid my leg forward, sweeping her from below. It made her jump back and as she did, I strode to her direction while openly offering a straight jab.

She blocked my punches easily by slapping my arms away, taking a step back whenever I try to raise my leg to kick and we were once more stuck in an almost endless barrages of attacks. The ground split beneath our boots, our heavy panting even ringing throughout the whole room, our footsteps reverberating. I punched the ground and all of the sudden, the solid floor broke apart, rocks rising over the air around us due to the strength used to cause the impact.

I leaped through the huge boulders of rocks, at isa-isa silang sinipa papunta sa direksyon niya. With one snap though, given her ability to create something out of nothing, the incoming rocks became daggers as they traveled back to me. Hindi mahirap umilag kahit gaano man sila kabilis, that was until she kept weapons of different kind kept coming at me. I avoided them all with ease, only that they return back to hit me again and again.

"Way to push me over the edge this time."

Tumigil ako sa pagtakbo, pero bago pa man ako tamaan ng mga nagsisiliparang weapons ay nagpakawala ako ng masamang enerhiya na agad bumalot sa buong lugar na siyang rason kung bakit unti-unting nabasag ang mga weapons. Ramdam ko din ang pagbiyak ng semento sa paligid, pati narin ang tunog ng nababasag na salamin sa itaas--hanggang sa may isang piraso ng salamin na nahulog sa unahan ko, kitang-kita ko dito ang repleksyon ng itim kong mga mata.

Nagkatinginan kami ng ilang segundo bago ko dinala ang sarili ko papunta sa kaniya na sa isang iglap ay nasa itaas na ako nito. Pinaikot ko ang sarili ko sa hangin tsaka sinipa siya mula sa gilid. Nakita kong nagawa niyang itaas ang kaliwa niyang braso at nasangga ang mabilis kong atake pero dahil sa lakas ay napaatras ito sa tabi at tuluyan nang tumama ang likod sa pader.