Chapter Sixty-Four Part II

That Unforseen Power Playing Grandly Behind

I screamed, clutching my chest as cold sweat dripped from my forehead. I scrambled over the soft surface of the silk beneath me, eventually rolling over the floor. The cold sensation took no more than a second before it invaded my body, my skin tingling as though I got suddenly numb. The wooden tile of the floor enveloped my back in another kind of cold, finally letting myself breathe as I got used to the sensation.

But I could feel my body returning to its previous predicament, something inside me felt like burning, my heart racing so fast. My mind was not in a good state as well, my vision blurring and my head feels like it would literally explode. I pulled myself up, using the bed beside to keep my balance steady as I stood--only for my right knee to bend itself back to the floor.

"Celeztie!"

I perked up almost cursing, feeling that familiar pleasant smell that reminded me of cinnamon closing in. A pair of hands reaching for my arm, but I didn't want anyone to see me like this. I hated it as much as I hate the fact that I could do nothing about this. Thus, I did the only thing that made sense at the moment--I pushed her away. I felt back when she hit the table, but I didn't dare look at her face as I attempted another try.

This time, I managed to stand completely but my legs were still a bit wobbly that I almost fell again if she hadn't held my arm. I scoffed, but said nothing as she helped me sat down the chair in front of the table. I rested myself on the back of chair, my arms loosely on top of the table. I closed my eyes, sighing because of how intrusive her glares are.

There was a big map laid on the table at my front, a wooden chessboard beside it, a piece of pencil, and a slowly burning candlelight by the corner. The map referred to the current world, with the southern regions already bathed in nether energy, making the countries or people in it, wasted--or dead, if I were to say so. No ordinary people could have known the effects of this nether energy or the possibility of too much abundant energy could have brought.

Ke'ala wanted to save this world from crumbling down by filtering this energy, which ridding the world of nether by absorbing the energy leakage. But with the fall of Etherion Tower five years ago, she's become secretive of her plans. Was she responsible for the nether's spread completely stopping by the small Kingdom of Romaine?

For five years now, my father--or supposed to be my father--had spent so much time trying to locate her exact location. But Ke'ala would always disappear, that even if he did manage to track her down, she would already be gone. I had stopped looking for her myself after a year of her disappearance, I decided there's no point in working with a woman who doesn't want anything to do with me or anyone else.

That's why she can't blame me for whatever I did for these past years. She'll have to figure everything out by herself, it'll probably take a while for her to. If she's doing something by the shadows, I'll do things my own way by the surface. That's what I've been doing, trying to pave a way for a future I know she deserves. Everything in this map, all of the remaining organizations... they're mine to control. A world I can manipulate, not quite perfectly yet... but I'm getting there.

"Well? Aren't you going to say anything?" The woman beside me scowled, her face must be fuming mad right now. "Look at me!"

"I'm sorry." I admitted, finally looking at her.

This time, I could perfectly see her jet-black eyes. Her physique was as fit as ever, she even grew taller. She was wearing her usual leathered pants that reached her knees, a pair of heeled boots and a white sleeveless top. She usually wore her brown hair with reddish highlights by the tip, up. But she let it hung loosely behind her back now. She looked... tired, the lack of sleep these recent weeks must have been a key factor. I felt even more guilty knowing I was the cause of that.