S2:C13; Hero Complex

I hope you enjoyyyyy!!!!

••••••••

"There they are," Cooper's voice began low and sounded full of amusement, and my body tensed up when I saw him sitting directly across from me. "My favorite boys."

His dark eyes peered deeply into mine and my ability to breathe had lessened when I saw just how sincere his smile was. It'd been so upbeat and happy to the point that I wondered if he'd forgotten that he was in prison.

"It's been so long... I missed you the most, Cameron," he said softly, reaching his hands over the table for mine.

"NO TOUCHING!" A guard suddenly shouted.

Cooper glared over in the guard's direction before closing his hands and lifting them to rest under his chin, while slowly moving his eyes onto Giorgi.

"I didn't miss you as much, but...thanks for coming," he said monotonously. "How're you and Lola?"

"How're you and Erin," Giorgi responded.

"Well, that's a gray answer, isn't it? The girl's obsessed with me; however, she hasn't visited once..."

"You're done," the Greek man said simply.

"Huh..." Cooper hummed, raising his eyebrows as he looked down at the table. "That means you and Lola are, too?"

Giorgi silently stared at our former classmate, and Cooper smirked before scrunching nose and asking, "So who is it you're seeing now? You seem too chipper to be single. Who's the lucky lady?"

"Tell me why you're so 'chipper' first," my boyfriend muttered. "Your mood makes me think you've forgotten that you're locked up."

I internally gasped and glanced up at Giorgi. We had the same thought! Aww~!

"I'm just excited to be with Cameron again," Cooper chuckled, turning his gaze onto me. "How could I not be this happy that my most favorite person on this entire planet decided to visit me because he missed me, too!"

I frowned at him and shook my head. "I didn't visit you because I miss you. I don't miss you, Cooper," I told him. "I'm here for closure and to tell you that I'm done letting you haunt me."

My former classmate's eyebrows furrowed, his eye twitched, and he tilted his head a bit and scoffed: "What? Haunt you? I'm not dead, Cameron. I'm not a ghost. How could I be haunting you?"

I took another quick glance up at Giorgi and cleared my throat while I scooted closer to him. "Cooper," I began shakily as terrible memories started to fill my head. "You raped me. Y-you forced me into having sex with you, and the memories haunt me every now and again when..."

Cooper's hard glare had become fiery as I trailed off, and he seemed to be putting two and two together rather quickly. "When what," he growled.

"You know when," I answered plainly, feeling a bit joyful when his nose flared and veins revealed themselves in his forehead. "Cooper, I came to tell you—and assure myself—that I'm no longer under your control. You can't hurt me again because you are in prison, and I'm free. I refuse to let you ruin my happiness anymore than you have up to this point."