S4:C23; If You're Good

I hope you enjoyyyy!!!

••••••••

Several Months Later
Sometime In March...

It was springtime again. Although we'd shared the warmth of the season two or three times together before, I couldn't help but feel that this year's was especially different. The sun shined brighter, the birds chirped louder, and the flowers blossomed sooner. Perhaps that wasn't true, and all was the same way it was the last few years, but Cameron definitely seemed happier. He had his reoccurring breakdowns every now and again, but I could tell he was in the most peaceful mindset he'd ever been in throughout his entire life.

I smiled at him as we'd walked Corgi through a nearby park, myself holding the Great Dane's leash and my husband clung to my opposite arm. He never seemed to be bothered anymore. Not by my teasing, not by annoying or pesky strangers badgering us for our numbers, not even by our families keeping us out of their lives after hearing about the last incident we were in. My parents didn't want to believe that I'd killed someone—especially since said someone was a person I'd grown up with and called my best friend—and his mother didn't want anything to with her son who'd stood proudly beside his 'psychotic murderer husband.'

We were alone again, but that didn't bother us. We were alone together in a bubble where nobody could disturb or interrupt us. Nobody could hurt or sully either of our names to each other anymore—nobody could separate us anymore. In fact, in our newfound lonesomeness was a brand new feeling of thrill. Because within it, Cameron was only mine and I was only his, and no other person could threaten to ruin that.

"I'd do it again," I said, moving my hand out of my front right pocket to hold my husband's softer palm. "Over and over and over... For you, I would."

My love smiled a blushing grin and raised my hand up to press against his cheek. "I know, Gi-Gi. And I will do the same for you if I'm ever given the opportunity," he said so delicately before smooching the back of my wrist. "I'll be scared shitless, but I'll do it for you."

I chuckled at his honesty and squeezed his hand a bit, reveling in the euphoric, dynamic moment that this casual walk had become for me. For the first time in my life, I felt a striking sense of freedom. I didn't have any subconscious feelings of stress, obligation or responsibility; I just felt free to be with Cameron and to enjoy having him to myself. 

Even Professor Davis had laid off of Cameron. I mean, anytime we showed up to school, he'd make sure that he spent as much time with my husband as possible, but he didn't overstep. He even stopped texting him about stuff that wasn't related to any lessons that they were on, and had stopped calling altogether. I knew the man still loved my husband, but I didn't mind them socializing one-on-one because he always remained respectful of our marriage. And Cameron's loyalty was imperishable.

"Want to go out today?" He suddenly pitched. "I know we usually spend our Sundays being lazy but I think I wanna go out and do something."

"Yeah? What do you want to do?"

"Hmm..."

I laughed as he tapped his chin while thinking. "You didn't already have something in mind?" I asked.

"I thought you'd say no! I didn't prepare to get this far," he chuckled, making me laugh again. "How about~... I dunno! You think of something!"

"Hmm," I hummed, looking over my husband's body. "We can go shopping."

"We just went grocery shopping a few days ago, though," he mentioned.

"We're not going to shop for groceries. Let's shop for you," I suggested. "Get you some cute little outfits... A toy or two... Something sweet if you're good."