S1:C13 Our First Sleepover (Pt. 2/3)

"Promise me you won't let anyone other than myself touch you romantically. Promise," Cooper said a bit sternly.

I tittered and shook my head at my best friend's possessiveness over me. "I promise. But you have to promise the same," I said, raising my head to look into his eyes.

He was staring at me with a bit of anger in his eyes, but soon that miniature fire in his chocolatey orbs was no more as he closed his lids and smiled brightly at me. "I promise," he beamed.

Biting my lip in excitement for the progression of my and Cooper's friendship, I rubbed and pat his chest.

"I wanna do something," I said softly, knowing that my quiet volume and soft tone would coerce him to do anything for me.

"What do you wanna do," he asked me at a low volume, sliding his hands down to my lower back.

"I wanna do something bad..." I whispered, rubbing over his chest and abs, watching my best friend's face burn red.

"How bad?"

"Really bad," I giggled gently.

"Really bad, baby?"

"Mm-hmm, yeah," I said breathily, making Cooper's ears and neck turn red.

"Like what?"

"Well...I was on my computer earlier...and I saw something that I kind of...maybe...wanted to try...?"

"Yeah?" Cooper chuckled.

"Mm-hmm~."

"What do you want to try?"

I bit my lip and slowly let it slide out from underneath my teeth, and Cooper seemed to become a bit dazed after watching my actions.

"I wanna do something like..." I spoke slowly and quietly as I slid my fingers into my best friend's pants, playing with the hem.

"Like what, baby?"

"Like staying up all night..."

"Doing what, Cammy baby?" Cooper asked me breathily, watching my fingers.

I chuckled and shrugged. "Watching every movie we can think of...eating a bunch of unhealthy snacks and drinking slushees," I suggested. I really wanted to make my first sleepover a good one.

Cooper sighed and laughed a bit before kissing me on my cheekbone, almost on my eye. "I'm sorry, baby. Yeah. We can absolutely do that. Let's go to the store," he said softly.

"Okay! ...But....why did you apologize?"

"I was thinking inappropriately. I misinterpreted your tone and...yeah. I was thinking about things. My bad," Cooper chuckled.

"What were you thinking I was talking about?"

"Nothing. Nothing. Let's go."

Upon arriving at the grocery store just a few miles from our apartment complex, Cooper led me directly to the snack aisles, his hand on my lower back as we looked around.

"Do you see anything you like," he asked.

"Not really... I typically eat a lot of Japanese snacks from the Asian aisles, you know?" I said with a shrug as I looked at the boring potato chips and Cheetos in front of me.

"Ooh, then let's go find some Japanese snacks. Come on," my best friend said as he grabbed my hand and guided me to the Asian aisle. "Want ramen?"

I smiled at my best friend and then nodded at the spicy ramen noodle bowls in front of me. "Alright. Stay here, I'm gonna go grab a shopping cart," he said before jogging off.

I hugged myself as I looked over the noodles, and I slowly walked down the aisle, skimming over the little bit of English on the Japanese packages of candy, chips, jellies, and so on. For a while I paced up and down the aisle, and eventually I became skeptical of my best friend's whereabouts. Retrieving a shopping cart shouldn't take as long as it was taking him. I grabbed my phone and checked it with a frown. He'd been gone for five solid minutes.

With a deep sigh, I texted Cooper. "Where are you," I spoke aloud as I typed before pressing send. For one minute I waited for a text back, and when I didn't get one, I decided to call him.

"Hello?"

"Cooper, where are you? Did... Did you leave me?"

"What?! No! I'm getting a cart!" My best friend said assuringly. If only I could trust him.

"You've been gone for six minutes; I'm scared without you," I told him, whispering the last bit.

"I know, I know, Cam. I'm sorry. I'm only taking so long because I ran into an older couple and I made them drop their groceries," Cooper said.

"Please hurry back to me, Coop," I implored.

"I am, don't worry. I'm coming right now."

"Okay.. Bye," I said, whining oh-so softly.

"Oh, don't worry, Cameron. I can see you now. I'm here," my best friend said in a chipper tone.

I looked up from the Asian snacks that I was pouting at and I smiled upon seeing my best friend with a shopping cart. "You scared me," I tittered. "I thought you left."

"No! Why would I leave?!" Cooper questioned, grabbing my arm and proceeding to pull me into his embrace.

"Because I'm not anything special," I chuckled, shrugging my shoulders and averting my eyes to the floor.

"If you weren't anything special to me I wouldn't be so obsessed with you," my best friend laughed, ruffling my hair.

I smiled, biting my lip to contain the excessive amount of joy and excitement that filled my heart, and I felt my cheeks warm up. "You're obsessed with me?" I giggled, fidgeting with his shirt as I bashfully looked into his eyes.

"Duh. I don't want any other random guys to have you so I try to chase them away. I don't like when you kiss other guys, I only want you to kiss me...I don't want you to show anyone anything unless that anyone is me," he chuckled. "There's something about you that's just...driving me really crazy."

I felt my heart flutter and a swarm of butterflies flew around crazily in my stomach. "I drive you crazy..?" I questioned, feeling my cheeks burn darker than ever.

"Absolutely, you do," he said assuringly. "How crazy? Like...like you would hurt someone to keep me to yourself crazy, or just...you think about me a lot crazy?"

"I would most definitely hurt someone to keep you to myself," Cooper scoffed, grabbing my waist tightly and proceeding to press his forehead against mine. "You're my best friend."

Being crazy for Cooper myself, I felt hearts grow in my eyes and my breath seemed to disappear. "You mean that?" I asked him, staring into his compelling gaze.

"Of course," he said seriously, looking down at my lips. I cupped his cheeks and lifted his head so that he'd meet my eyes again, and I almost melted when his brown orbs shimmered from the fluorescent lights on Safeway's ceiling. "You make my heart stutter," I told him, leaning my chest against his own.

"As you do mine, Cam-Cam," Cooper chuckled lowly, sending goosebumps up my arms. "Now, enough flirting. Let's get our snacks and go watch a ton of movies. Yes?"

I nodded and continued to stare into Cooper's eyes as he looked at me, and I felt a fairly large warmth flow through me when he broke our eye contact to pick some ramen bowls and Asian treats.

It's hardly been a month and I think I love him...