S4:C11; T.L.C

I hope you enjoyyyy!!!

(Sorry if there're a bunch of misspellings, typos, and/or missing words! Updated as soon as I finished it lol)

••••••••

"Mom," I mumbled quietly, making sure not to annoy her by being loud. She was sitting in her bedroom, just staring out of the window. It'd been two days already since Piper died; I couldn't understand why Mom was still acting so gloomy. She knew that Piper couldn't come back soShe didn't talk to Piper as much as I did. I mean, sure they played together but never as much as Piper and I did. "Can we play—"

"No. No, I don't want to play any games right now, Cooper," she muttered, moving to lay down. "Mom's gonna stay here for a bit..."

"Why? Because you're still sad?"

She didn't say anything; we both knew she didn't have to.

"Mom, you shouldn't stay in your bedroom. Let's go out. You need a distraction."

"You go ahead. I'll be up later," she said quietly.

I stared at the back of her head, angry that she wouldn't get up. "I'm still alive, you know," I mumbled. "Do I not matter anymore?"

"Cooper," she mewled, "did you do it?"

The question stunned me for a short while—so much so that I'd felt the hairs on my neck and arms stand.

"What," I spoke at an almost inaudible whisper.

"Why? You were best friends," my mother cried. "What did she do to make you...sniff!"

Without a word, I left her room. I didn't want to talk about that. Not with her. She wasn't supposed to know I did anything...but in a way, I was glad she did. I hoped that now she'd think about why and come to understand that I did it because I love her and need her. Yeah, she'd realize that I needed more of her attention and love. Hugs and kisses and more time together!

Now it was just a matter of time. She'd eventually get over the death of Piper and cherish me while I'm still alive. She'll appreciate me more now. She'll love me more now.

Seven Months Later...

"Mom," I hissed upon walking into her room. "Get up."

"Cooper—"

"Get up! I want you to get out of bed! I've given you seven months to mourn Piper! That's more than enough time! Now I want you to get up! She's dead and never coming back! You think she knows or cares how sad and lazy you are or have been since she died?! She doesn't! She's dead! Come on!" I yelled, throwing the covers off of my mother's legs onto the floor.

"I can't."

"You have to! Get up!"

"Cooper, I can't. Don't you remember the man that comes over every few weeks?"

"What about him?"

"You know he's a doctor, don't you?"

"What's your point?

"Haven't you been listening to what he says? Or do I also matter that little to you?"

I didn't say anything. Neither of us did. We both allowed the already thick atmosphere to become stiffer for a few moments before my mom decided to speak again.

"I'm bedridden, Cooper," she scoffed. My heart ached and I suddenly felt the ground of my world crackling apart.

"What? No, you're not. Don't say that."