S4:C5; Pay Attention

I hope you enjoyyyy!!!

••••••••

One Week Later...

"Giorgi," I groaned. "Aren't you feeling uneasy lately?"

"No. Why?"

Eh?! "Because Cooper's disappeared! He hasn't visited or spoken to us since he came to our house last week! Aren't you worried why?!"

"No. I don't want to see or talk to him again, so I'm not concerned about his whereabouts."

I groaned again and clung to Giorgi's bicep as he walked me to class. He'd been working out more, my husband. He didn't need to since he was still a lot bigger than Cooper, but he looked and felt really nice so I wasn't complaining. "My biggest fear is that he's planning some kind of sneak attack," I mumbled. "Something where he'll pop up out of nowhere, and—"

"Ah. No need to worry about that. There he is over there," Giorgi said simply, pointing over towards the main halls. I jumped and searched for Cooper, shuddering when I saw him seemingly flirting with someone. I couldn't tell who it was, but I figured it was probably a freshman that couldn't have known him. Or what he did...

"Cameron," my husband suddenly began. "Don't stress over him too much. We've got finals in two weeks, remember?"

"Ah!" I gasped. I completely forgot! I had been trying so hard to strategize a way to get Cooper sent back to prison without any real dirty work, that I totally forgot to prepare for finals! "Gi-giiiii~," I whined, leaning against his large body. "Save meeee~!"

Giorgi chuckled and kissed my forehead while maneuvering me back to stand beside him before ushering me into to Amani's classroom. "Let's go to a coffee shop to study after school. I think you'd do better in a public space than at home."

"Yeah," I mumbled, taking a seat after my husband had pulled out my chair. "Thank you for always paying attention to me, Gi-gi... And sorry I keep bothering about Cooper. I'll do better."

"You're not bothering, sweetheart," he said sternly. "He did some really scary and awful things to you that you didn't deserve to go through. I'm happier you tell me everything you're thinking instead of suffering in silence. Always. Okay?"

I nodded and puckered my lips, and my cheeks and ears blushed when Giorgi chuckled and kissed me. I didn't quite know why I blushed, but I guessed it was because of how much I loved and admired him. "Thank you."

"Thank you," Giorgi returned with a soft grin. "I hope you don't mind me seating you closer to Amani than usual."

I hummed and shrugged upon seeing that I was in the first row of the class; usually I sat closer to the back. "It's okay. I know why you did, so I won't complain," I said.

"Sweet, smart boy," he chuckled quietly before pressing a firm smooch to my temple. "I'm gonna go to class now. Love you."

"Love you, too. See you in a bit," I sighed, watching Giorgi leave my classroom. I then moved my gaze onto Amani's desk in front of me and hummed, wondering if he had any news on Cooper. Suddenly, the door to his personal office clicked open and I couldn't help my instant frowning when one of my classmates had stepped out of it. I recognized the student vaguely but couldn't quite pinpoint where I knew him from. Probably just somewhere in the class, though, I assumed. Amani had soon stepped into the doorway of his office and quickly made eye contact with me—but only for a second. He focused on the rest of the class.

"Students," he began loudly. "Please take your seats and listen; I have a video for you all to watch. It's about our next lesson which will focus mainly on how your childhood and the way you were raised can affect who are you as an adult and how you think as one. Psychology, and junk... You are expected to take and turn in notes, and I will not only be making you all write me an essay, but I'll also quiz you on the video."