S1:C3; Cutting Scars

Beep! Beep! Beep! Be—Smack!

I groaned as I got up out of my bed and stretched. Heading over to my bathroom, I asked my Amazon echo dot to let me know what was on my calendar for today.

"You scheduled a movie with Cooper today at 11 am and you have studying time with Cooper at 7 pm."

I smiled excitedly at the thought of hanging out with my best friend and I turned on my shower as I checked the clock in my bathroom.

9:02 am.

"Hm...when does Cooper usually wake up...? I want to call him..." I pouted at the clock on my sink counter. "But I don't want to wake him up. I'll wait," I sighed as I dropped my underwear and stepped into the shower.

"Wait...what if he's with Erin? Erin'll ruin our plans. She's gonna try to make Cooper cancel on me today," I thought aloud. "No. He won't. He cares about me. He won't let me down. He wants me to be happy..."

I grabbed my soap and squirt some onto my loofah.

"But I should still make sure Erin doesn't get in the way of our plans," I muttered as I washed my chest and neck. "But how...?"

If I do something too rash, Cooper won't want to hang out with me. But if I do something too...non-threatening Erin will keep trying to prevent Cooper from hanging out with me.

Ugh. What can I do? ...Maybe I can tell her to back off a bit? I mean, Cooper's just my best friend! So what if he gives me compliments?! Why does she get so mad?! Ugh! She's so selfish!

Suddenly my phone buzzed loudly on the sink counter, scaring the bejesus out of me. When it kept buzzing, I realized that it was a phone call.

I got out of my shower, wrapping a towel around myself, and I unconsciously squealed when I saw that it was Cooper calling me.

I hurried to answer it, and I put him on speaker  as I walked into my room with my phone. "Cam-Cam!" My best friend's voice beamed from the other line. "Hi Cooper," I giggled. "Hey~, you still down to go to the movie with me? If you don't want to watch the movie we don't have to. We can do something else," Cooper said sweetly.

"No, I'm excited to watch the new horror movie with you! I've never been to a movie theater, nevertheless with a friend," I tittered. "Has Erin tried to stop you from going?"

"Of course she tried to. She tried to get me to take her only instead," my best friend scoffed. "But! I told her that I already made plans with you, my best friend, to see the movie and! I told her that I'm taking you out for lunch and bringing you over for dinner. Is that okay?"

Nodding excitedly, I replied: "Yes! Yes! I'm so— agh! I can't wait! Thank you!" Cooper laughed and said: "Of course! I finally made a real friend. I'm not gonna let my girlfriend get between us."

I giggled and mumbled, "Neither will I." Cooper hummed curiously, not hearing what I said. "I said I'm so excited," I lied. Cooper chuckled and told me to come over whenever I was done getting ready, and then ended the call.

I placed my phone down on my bed and stretched my back as I walked over to my dresser. As I grabbed a pair of socks and underwear and put them on, I asked Alexa to set a reminder for tomorrow at five thirty pm. I forgot to go yesterday to the doctor for more medication. I wasn't in my apartment in time to hear my reminder at five thirty so I forgot.

If I don't get my antidepressants soon, I'm going to turn into a monster. I laughed faintly and opened the top left drawer of my dresser, looking through the different shades of red turtlenecks.