S3:C20; Criminal's Mind

I hope you enjoyyyy!!!

••••••••

Rrrring! Rrrring! Rrr—Click.

"Cooper."

I smiled at the familiar groan of my name and wrapped my finger with the telephone cord as I leaned against the wall. "Bryan..." I kept quiet for a moment, listening to his background noise—specifically trying to hear if anyone was with him. Footsteps confirmed that there was; I wondered whose they were as they echoed throughout the professor's classroom for a while, and upon them silencing, I asked Bryan: "Who are you with?"

"...Pardon?"

"Who's around you? I heard some footsteps... Is it Cameron?!"

"A student just dropped off a late paper, Cooper," the deep voice said simply.

"Mm. Alright," I said before inhaling deeply.

"Why did you call me?"

"I always call you," I tittered.

"Usually to talk about something. What is it today?"

"...I cheated on him today..." I mumbled, my small smile leaving my face. "I didn't mean to. I didn't want to. But she, she looked just like him..."

"When, and with who?"

"Today. This morning," I answered. "It was with a guard; her name is Grennich, Hailey..." I heard a pen being lifted and clicked before scribbling against a paper from the professor's line. I knew he'd report her and get her fired; I was fine with that. "She's taller than him but her face and haircut... She looks just like him...."

"How many times have you been intimate with her?"

"She's always giving me flirty eyes, Bryan. She bats her eyelashes exactly how he used to, and she mewls instruction when she's alone with me... She sounds nothing like him, so she's incredibly annoying. Even during sex—"

"I didn't ask how closely Grennich resembles Cameron. I asked how many times you've been intimate with her."

"She's touched and blown me a few times before we finally had sex today."

"How did your relationship with her start?"

"We're not in a relationship," I snapped. "She came onto me first. She kept batting her eyelashes, biting her lips, pushing out her chest, and checking me out. All I did was let her have a little fun on the job. There's no relationship betwe—"

"Okay. You say that you cheated on Cameron," Bryan mentioned. "But you also said that, when he visited you, he and Giorgi were together... Right?"

My jaw clicked as I rolled it, remembering that day; I never responded to the professor.

"Right... And you know that after you were locked up, he talked about the incident with a therapist and has come to realize that you're a horrible person."

I ground my teeth as Bryan went on.

"You raped him. You beat him. You strangled him, Cooper. You confessed all of this to me," he said.

"I never said I raped him."

"You said you had sex with him in a bathtub while he was incapable of moving or even speaking. That's rape," Bryan said, sounding furious. Both of us went quiet for a moment before a heavy sigh passed through the phone from his line. "Why do you talk about him as if you're dating when you know that he hates you? I mean— He hates you. You know that, don't you? You have to."