S1:C4; Cute and Sweet and Innocent

Cooper and I were off to the movies, and I couldn't help but feel anxious throughout the car ride.

As much as I loved our friendship, I still couldn't shake the thought that Cooper, since he was driving, could easily take me to some abandoned place and torture me as much as he wanted without any consequences. 

"Cam-Cam," Cooper spoke softly, though I still jumped out of my skin. "Whoa...what's wrong?" He asked.

"A-anxiety," I answered, my breath becoming ragged. "Wh— Why? Are you nervous about the movie? If you are..." Cooper glanced off the road and grabbed my hand. "I'll be right beside you. You can just hold onto me or I'll hold you."

"Thank you but it's not the movie. I just don't really drive with anyone so I'm freaking out a little bit," I explained. "Oh? Oh...you overthinking? Imagining me taking you somewhere and bullying you?" Cooper questioned.

I nodded and apologized for not being able to completely trust Cooper and he smiled and shook his head. "Don't apologize. I'm actually really, really glad you told me because I was going to take you to this secret cafe that my uncle works at and it's located somewhere along some trees. If you calm down and decide that you want to go, we will. If you don't, that's fine too. We'll find another place."

I nodded and thanked Cooper, squeezing his hand, and he blushed a teeny bit and nodded. "Anything for you, Cam-Cam," he said sweetly.

I smiled and felt a bit of the weight on my shoulders disappear. "I'd do anything for you, too, Cooper," I said sincerely. "I promise."

He chuckled and glanced over to me. "Nah... You don't have to. Some of the stuff I might want you to do..." Cooper trailed off and shook his head as he inhaled through his teeth while looking over and scanning my body before he laughed. "Weird. I-it's weird. You don't have to do anything for me."

I immediately began to overthink. What was weird about him? What would he want me to do? Why didn't I have to do anything for him?

Within seconds my questions began to consume me and I had to ask. "What would be weird? Wh-what would you want me to do?"

Cooper shook his head and scrunched his face up a bit. "I don't know just yet. There's too many things in the world to try," he chortled. "We'll have to see whatever my weird brain tells my mouth to ask you."

I frowned as I settled in even more confusion than I'd ever experienced before. "What kind of weird things though, Cooper? I-I'm really lost. Do you mean weird things like—"

Vrrr! Vrrr! Vrrr!

I checked my phone and seethed when Erin's phone number had shown across my screen. It wasn't programmed into my phone but I remembered her number after Giorgi showed us that Erin had texted him a few days ago in class to try and make Cooper stop hanging out with me so much.

I declined her call but she immediately called me back. Again, I declined, and again she called. After the third time she called me, I put my phone on silent and sat on it.

"Ooh, s'that your girlfriend?" Cooper asked.

"No. Yours," I answered.

His smile immediately died and he glanced over at me and apologized. "I don't know what's wrong with her brain. She just... She's really nee—"

"Selfish," I corrected. "But I don't want to talk about her or think about her. I want to just hang out with you. That's what we're doing today," I said softly. "Please, can we not talk about her?"

Cooper shook his head and wore a confused expression. "Talk about who?" he questioned. I smiled and thanked him as I rubbed his arm and he chuckled as he squeezed my hand a bit.