S4:C20; Rebekah's Diamonds

⚠️This chapter mentions Drug (Abuse), Suicide, Self Harm, Blood, etc!⚠️

I hope you enjoyyyy!!!

••••••••

Day Ten
5:04 AM...

Graham had just brought me more painkillers for my ankle and stomach about an hour ago, but I wasn't feeling any better this time. In fact, I felt nauseous and—even though the basement was pitch black dark, I felt dizzy and as if the room was spinning.

I hardly ate anymore, either, so I really wasn't feeling too hot. I couldn't help it though. Cooper kept mentioning my weight gain, and my anxiety and self image insecurities couldn't handle it anymore. And although I couldn't see too drastic a difference in my weight before and after I stopped eating everything that Graham brought me, I kept up with my dieting since it was still taking some pounds off and putting an end to Cooper's remarks towards my body.  That, and I really didn't want to risk getting too big to the point that Giorgi didn't want me anymore whenever we finally reunited. I had to stay skinny for him. He fell in love with me while I was slim and I wanted to maintain my petite figure for my husband.

Graham was way overfeeding me according to Cooper's constant observations about my body, so I just ate about half a palm-sized amount of whatever food the younger man brought me—unless it was soup. Then, I'd finish most of it. Of course he noticed me refusing to eat much of anything but simple broths, and he had asked me why each time he fed me. I never gave Graham an explanation. But the kid was smart. He pieced two and two together rather quickly, and I had heard him start an argument with Cooper regarding my food intake the other day. Or earlier today...? I didn't know.

My time tracking was getting worse, and so was my ability to sleep. Anytime my eyes closed, I'd immediately begin to dream about Giorgi; sitting with him, kissing him, making love with him. They were great dreams. I loved every second of being in his presence when I slept... It was the waking up that made my sleep so troublesome. It was coming to and realizing that we still weren't together that made me want to stay awake and never fall asleep. Well, honestly, I was so exhausted from all the medicine and lack of nutrients in my system... I wouldn't have minded falling asleep, but only if I knew I wouldn't wake up again.

Giorgi was my life, and being without him for so long... I didn't want to live anymore. I didn't want to spend one more day without him... I couldn't.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I thought of what I could use. Graham is really careful about not keeping any pills down here... There are cords and ropes under the stairs near Colin's body...but my legs don't work. I couldn't tie them anywhere to end everything that way... Something sharp... That'd work perfect, and it'd be quick since I'm already so weak...

I crawled around the pitch black basement, and I dragged my hands across the floor, feeling around for any kind of sharp object. Suddenly, my hand grazed over the dead girl's fingers, and I couldn't help the small sob that escaped my vocal chords upon doing so. She was ice cold and stiff as a boulder.

Rebekah... I'm so sorry you died here... I hope you'll forgive me for disrespecting you while you rest, but I really need your help right now... I stifled my crying as I blindly pat her wrists down for any bracelets that may have been long enough to possibly choke myself with. No luck; her arms were bare. I then ran a hand over her still, icy sternum and the back of her neck, feeling for a necklace or chain of any sort. No luck with that either. Lastly, I checked her ears, running my fingers along the backs of them, sighing upon finally touching a piece of jewelry. She had four piercings in each ear, and two of them were brand new. I could tell because the ends of the studs were sharp instead of flat or rounded off like the others.