S3:C2; Psycho & Sociopaths

***A QUICK PSA***

Any [RR's] comments that spoil anything will be deleted immediately. Stop ruining the story for others; it's a piece of shit move. That being said,

I hope you enjoyyyy!!!

••••••••

"There are some who say psychopaths are born and sociopaths are made. That's not completely correct. While it's true that psychopathy is believed to have genetic components—perhaps caused by the underdevelopment of the parts of the brain that regulate emotion and impulsiveness—there are other factors that contribute to the behavioral disorder," Professor Davis explained, tying his long dreads into a bun.

I typed notes into my laptop as he spoke about different things that could make a person into a psychopath.

"Some studies into psychopathy suggest that psychopaths often have a history of an unstable family life and/or were raised in poorer neighborhoods prone to violence," my professor said, turning to face the class. "Many have had parents who were substance abusers and who failed to provide parental guidance or attention," he said, his eyes stopping on me.

I squirmed in my seat a bit as he stared deep into my pupils from across the classroom, and turned my attention back down onto my laptop. Why'd he look at me like that so suddenly..?

"This merely translates to unstable and failed relationships in adulthood," he said, making me look back up at him. Upon seeing that he was still focused on me, I wondered if he was directing that towards me and Giorgi.

Suddenly, my professor had lifted his glasses and narrowed his eyes at me for a short while before dropping his glasses back onto his nose while arching an eyebrow, and then continuing with his lesson.

What the hell...? I've been in this class for five months. Surely, he's not just now recognizing me...

"Contrary to what movies, TV series, books, and other media suggests, the majority of these people diagnosed with psychopathy are not violent criminals. Hear, understand and remember that. Hollywood is bullshit and you cannot believe everything the media tells you."

I typed that into my notes and pulled out my phone after it vibrated in my front right pocket; Giorgi had texted me and sent me a screenshot of some text messages between him and Gill. Another message popped up as I'd skimmed over their texts, reading: "I told him to apologize for constantly picking at you and to stop bringing up stupid shit to try to make you upset. Let me know if he does or not, okay?"

"Okay. Thank you for putting up with our childish quarreling," I replied, adding a red heart emoji before pressing send.

"It's only childish on his part," my boyfriend responded with two red hearts, making me smile.

"What are some tell-tale signs of a psychopath, you all ask? Well, I'll tell you. Psychopaths can be superficially charming, self-absorbed, easily bored, manipulative, impulsive, sexually promiscuous, and highly intelligent. Psychopaths also lack empathy, they show no remorse or guilt, they do not have any respect for authority—including the law, and will always justify their wrongdoings."

Cooper.

I flinched at the sudden image of him on my mind and frowned as I continued to type notes into a Google document, and slowly began to realize that many of the characteristics a psychopath would have, Cooper did.

He was always so nice and charming when we first met, but the more I got to know him, the more his real, selfish, arrogant and manipulative personality revealed itself. He hurt me and abused my lack of social skills when we first introduced ourselves to each other, and he manipulated me into thinking that his perverted and forced sexual actions weren't being used against me because he wanted to hurt me but because he loved me. He always justified hurting me with "I love you" or by pinning the blame on myself, and he used to trick me into giving my body to him by using his superficial charm and an empty apology because "he couldn't help himself around me". Whenever I refused to strip for him he'd become angry and would force me to undress by ripping my clothes or hurting me. He never showed any remorse for abusing me the way he did. Not when Giorgi found out, and not even after he was arrested. He never admitted or showed the tiniest bit of guilt either. Instead, he stood by his actions as a proud man.