S3:C9; I'm Better

I hope you enjoyyyy!!!

••••••••

"Are you awake?"

Twenty minutes. It's been twenty minutes since I've sent that damned text. Giorgi, I know you don't know what's going on, but please wake the hell up and text me back!

My leg was bouncing like crazy, my fingers were tapping the back of my laptop at the speed of light with an infinite rhythm to them, my breathing felt heavier than ever, and my thoughts were all over the place.

Oh, my God, what if Gio's hurt? What if he's dealing with Cooper?! What if Cooper lied about getting out early next month and is actually out right now?! Dammit, Giorgi, send me something! Anything! I need to know that you're alright!

I lifted my hands from my laptop and rubbed over my face.

Calm down. Calm down, Cameron. There's no possible way that Cooper could be near Giorgi right now. He's two hours away, and prisons don't release people this early... Right? Right?! I-it's only 9:50 in the damn morning! There's no way! But what if—

I suddenly gasped subconsciously, and when my lungs had tightened I clutched my chest and coughed a painful hack. "Shit," I cursed under my choking breath as I reached for my bag for my inhaler. Upon taking a couple of huffs of medicine, I packed up my belongings with plans to leave class early. I was too distressed to pay any attention to the lesson, and I couldn't help my worrying for my boyfriend.

As I walked to the exit, I glanced over at Professor Davis and jumped when I saw him staring at me.

"Cameron—"

In a panic, I darted out of his his classroom before he could finish speaking, but before I knew it, I was tackled and pinned against a wall by my psychology teacher. My breath had escalated further and I began hyperventilating as the gorgeous man warned me about where Cooper had planned to catch me and Giorgi.

"Stay away from your old apartment complex, stay away from the Cheesecake Factory, don't go to the movie theater he took you—or the place where you met that Graham guy, don't go to Erin's place—"

Graham?! The Cheesecake Factory?! Am I the only topic of conversation between Cooper and the professor?!

"Stay as far away from—"

"Stop," I struggled to say through my asthma attack. "Wh-what happened to not making a scene and all that? Look at what you're doing. Y-you have me against a wall," I wheezed terribly. "Please let me go. I'm gonna die here if I don't see Giorgi soon."

"You need to stay away from any place that he knows you might go. I'll do whatever I can to—"

"Professor, I got it. I'll go away somewhere far—"

"It doesn't matter if it's near or far, Cameron. You need to go somewhere that you know Cooper won't find you," my teacher said strictly. "He keeps talking about you and Giorgi and I'd hate to see one or both of you hurt by his hand. You need to—"

"Cameron...?" Gill's voice suddenly mumbled from my left.

"I need you to listen to me, Mr. Omartian," Professor Davis muttered. "You need to—"