S1:C7; Old Journals, Spy Work, and The Paper Ball

Thank you for reading (and voting if you choose to)!❤️❤️❤️

••••••

"...meron? Camer— Cameron!" Cooper's voice laughed as he held onto my right arm. "You almost fell! How come you're so sleepy and slouchy today? You always sit with your back as straight as an arrow."

"I'm tired," I whined as I forced myself to wake up. Giorgi and Cooper awed and pat my back as I sat up straight on my chair. I couldn't get any sleep last night. Too excited. Confused. I couldn't get over the fact that Cooper kissed me. Twice. Then Cooper and Giorgi's conversation kept coming back to me.

Giorgi said that Cooper wasn't even thinking about breaking up with Erin...but he keeps saying that he's not happy with her. The whole situation confused me for hours. I came up with a plan.

The night before, at three fifty-two AM, I looked through some old journals from middle school. I had all sorts of ideas in it. Ideas that could help me make or break friendships. I had five full journals and two unfinished. All of them were color coordinated:

Black- Conversation starters and ice breakers. I had two of those; one completed journal, one unfinished.

Blue- How to stick up to my harassers. One; unfinished.

Yellow- Gift ideas. Two of those; completed.

Red- How to isolate others from someone that I am interested in/by. Two of those, both completed.

Last night I chose to use some ideas from my red journals. Erin was someone that I wanted isolated from Cooper. Sixty-fourth page from the front cover, thirty-sixth page from the back; The Catfish Idea.

I fool Erin and message her through a fake account. A fake account that is ran by me. My catfish idea was going to take time though. I needed to find out what kind of man or woman she would find irresistible enough to leave Cooper.

To find out what kind of person she would leave Cooper for, I needed to do a little bit of spy work. The tools I needed to perform said spy work and get away with it cost around a thousand dollars, give or take. I needed at least 30 tiny cameras which would cost me five, maybe six hundred dollars if I get some low grade ones, and I needed at least ten tiny microphones which would cost somewhere around six hundred, probably six-hundred-fifty dollars.

I could easily pay for the items I needed, thanks to my mom and her ex, Jackson, sending me so much all the time to keep me from trying to kill myself again. It's kind of pointless. I tried to kill myself again about a month ago. Failed to overdose on ibuprofen and Tylenol. It really took a toll on me when I woke up on the bathroom floor with a back and neck cramp.

Anyways, I needed to set up my equipment unbeknownst to Cooper. He's a terrible liar. If Erin found one he'd stutter and tremble as much as if he were me trying to talk my way out of a beating from the biggest football player I know. However, I had to do it with him around.

If I'd just sneaked in and gotten walked in on by him or Erin, Cooper might think I'm weird and not want to be my friend anymore. I would need to do it whenever he invited me over, but I couldn't just bring a bag one day and then stop.

From now on, whenever he or Giorgi invites me over, I'll bring a bag big enough to contain all of my supplies. It won't hold my gear each and every time, no. All I need is to set my bag down once and have someone go through it for my phone, stumble over my cameras, and then boom! Back to being lonely and bullied for being a creepy weirdo.

No, instead, I'll pack my backpack full of inhalers, a couple spare turtlenecks, three Carmex chapsticks, a water bottle, and some other pieces of plastic to clack around every time I moved my bag. That way whenever I bring my spy cameras and microphones, the clacking of the items won't be such a foreign sound to Cooper or anyone else around. I'll need to carry a decoy bag for about a week or so before and after I set up my spy equipment. That way no-one will suspect anything.