S4:C15; Silver Nissan Altima

I hope you enjoyyyy!!!

••••••••

Bzzzzz! Bzzzzz! Bzzzzz!

I grabbed my phone out of my left front pocket and frowned when I saw Amani had been calling me.

"Hello," I answered.

All I heard on the other line was a small gasp, followed by a panicked stutter of my name. "G-Giorgi? Why'd you answer?"

I scowled at the question, utterly confused. "Because...you called...?"

"Aren't you home with Cameron? I expected my call to be ignored," he said, sounding worried.

"Uh, no. I went to the pet store. I'm on my way back home now... Why'd you call if you expected to be ignored?"

"Because I couldn't shake this feeling that Cameron wasn't safe. I figured if you ignored my call then that meant that you two were together, talking probably, and I had no reason to feel so worked up..."

"Why'd you feel that Cameron wasn't safe?"

"He... He said you were home... He said he heard you unlocking the front door and he hung up our call! B-but if you're not home—"

Without a word, I hung up on my husband's psychology professor, rushed to get Corgi settled in the car, and immediately made my way home.

If Cooper was there, I was going to kill him. There was no doubt or smidge of hesitation in my mind; I was going to kill the idiot psychopath and completely rid Cameron and myself of his stalking and trespassing.

I knew I'd end up having to do it... He's incapable of being helped or detained. His persistent violent obsessions are too much for him to keep any kind of cool or acceptable composure. Although he listened to me well when I kept an eye on him, I want to live my own life. I'm tired of babysitting him and I won't go back to doing it. I finally am happy and have someone that I want to focus my time on, but it's become blatantly clear that I won't be able to until Cooper's gone for good... Tch. I should've done it after what happened to Marcus... I should've been smart and killed him and served whatever time I was dealt without any regret. I shouldn't have waited this long. Now, he's troubling the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. He's harassing my husband, and it's my fault.

I gripped the wheel tighter as tears streamed down my cheeks, and pushed the gas pedal against the floor. Within minutes I was back home, and I rushed to the front door. To my surprise, it was locked; the knob was stiff and the lock-bar that prevented entry was turned over. I didn't hesitate to undo the locks or waste any time pondering why the front door was secured, though. I made my way inside and searched for my husband all over the house. All I could find was his tea and laptop in our bedroom, his phone in the kitchen on a counter beside the fridge, and a banana in the hallway between the kitchen and living room.

My heart pounded in my chest, my legs went numb, and gravity shoved me onto my knees in front of the fruit. I stared at the spotted banana, wondering what had happened. How Cooper could've gotten in.

"I locked every door and window in this house. I made sure that you were locked away completely. You're my most valued treasure. I didn't want anything to happen to you...but he still managed to get inside... He's still willing to go out of his way and do whatever it takes to have you... But so am I," I mumbled, picking the yellow fruit up.

I promise I'll kill him and everyone that bothers you, Cameron. I promise. I won't let anything happen to you again. You're mine, and I'll work my ass off to make sure you're safe with me. I won't sleep until you're found and in my arms. I won't do anything until you're back home, Cameron. Just be patient and trust that I'm safe and looking for you.