𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎- 3 𝚊𝚖

Louis

***

I was woken up by a ringing coming from my phone

I was woken up by a ringing coming from my phone. It had to be an ungodly hour of the morning but I pried my head from my pillow to check the phone.

I reached for my bed side table and when I picked up my phone I saw Juliet's picture on the screen, meaning she was calling me.

It was strange for her to call me at random like this. We usually planned our calls since the time difference was so drastic.

I didn't even bother checking the time as I answered the phone as quickly as my slow brain could manage.

"JJ? Why're you calling? Is everything okay?" I managed to ask, my voice still a little raspy from just waking up.

"Hey, Louis." She said but her voice was weak.

And she called me Louis...she never calls me Louis. It's always Lou or you tommo idiot.

It actually made me quite nervous because this was so out of the norm for us.

Juliet was truly my best friend and I loved her with my whole heart, so feeling worried like this was never good. This call didn't feel right and my stomach was doing the bad kind of flips over it.

"What's going on?" I asked, trying not to sound too nervous.

I sat up, swinging my legs over the edge of my bed, just to make sure I wouldn't fall asleep again.

"I know it's early for you but can we talk?" She asked, sounding just as nervous as I was feeling right now.

"Yeah, of course." Was all I managed to say as I tried to focus.

My brain was still a little foggy considering I had just woken up and I was struggling to compose myself. I was still so tired and I was thrown for a loop with this phone call.

"I don't know how to ease into this so I'm just going to tell you. I overdosed on laxatives a few days ago. I'm fine now and I was discharged this morning. I didn't relapse and I'm still eating regularly but I just needed to tell you." She explained, sounding very rushed.

I swear my stomach just fell right out of my ass.

My body felt cold, my heart beating way too quickly and I already felt the flashes of cold sweats all over my bare skin.

"W-what? Juliet, what the fuck? Oh my- Do you care to explain?" I stutter out, trying to catch my breath from how panicked I felt.