𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎- 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎

Yuna

***

Juliet's awake

Juliet's awake.

I didn't get to see her right away because I wanted to respect Harry and give him his time with her.

After what he told me on the way to the hospital I really thought he should be the first to talk to her. I already knew they loved each other...it was obvious.

But having Harry admit it like that was something I would never have expected.

He told me to stay with her for a while and I didn't mind. I needed to see her. I knew he was frazzled and needed time.

Harry was working really hard to control his temper and understanding his emotions and it was blatantly obvious he was struggling.

I knew Juliet was struggling too, I wasn't blind and she was my best friend. I noticed when she didn't eat or she refused to put creme in her tea.

I also saw how much she'd grown the past few months.

I couldn't have been more proud of her...at least until this moment.

I was disappointed in her for sure but overall I loved her and I needed to comfort her. She was tired, upset that Harry left and probably very uncomfortable.

Her skin was still pale but she looked like she was among the living today which is what mattered.

She didn't say much when I came in. We hugged very tightly for a few minutes and now I was sitting behind her in the hospital bed braiding her hair.

She tried to apologize but I waved her off. I didn't need an apology right now. I just needed to be with her and keep reminding myself she was alive.

I texted Niall and filled him in a little, letting him know I wouldn't be home for a while. Luckily he was understanding and said he would come visit when Juliet was ready.

I loved Niall, he was special to me and I'm grateful he appreciates my friendship with Juliet. I don't think I'd be able to stay with him if he didn't.

"He's gonna leave me...isn't he?" She suddenly asked. Her voice hoarse and strained.

I had just finished wrapping the hair tie at the bottom of the braid when she finished her question.

I wrapped my arms around her from behind, letting my head rest on her shoulder as she leaned back into me.

"No, he's just shocked. He...he cares about you Juliet, more than I think he wants to admit." I tell her gently and I can hear her sniffling.