𝙾𝚗𝚎- 𝙼𝚛.𝚂𝚝𝚢𝚕𝚎𝚜

Juliet

***

I scurried out of my bathroom with my towel barely hanging on to my still wet body

I scurried out of my bathroom with my towel barely hanging on to my still wet body. I knew I should've brought my phone in the bathroom with me.

Luckily I had my ringer on or I probably wouldn't have realized it was even ringing.

Once I reached my bed-side table I saw a number I didn't recognize lighting up my lock screen. I picked it up and held it as close to my ears as i could without it touching my soaking-wet hair.

"Hello?" I said.

"Yes hello. Ms. Carter?" A women's voice asked through the phone.

"Yeah that's me." I say slightly confused

"Hi Ms. Carter. I'm calling because of a job you applied for. A writing assistant. I've looked into you and your college career. all your teacher's talked very highly of you and your writing abilities. So I would like to offer you the job, officially." The women explained and I felt my hands begin to tremble.

I was not expecting to get a call about this position. I applied so long ago, I pretty much forgot about it. I tried to keep my breathing steady, I guess I was really nervous about this job. Especially since I didn't plan for this. I usually plan for stuff like this.

Fuck. What did this mean? Where would I be working? Who was I assisting, I don't think the application specified. Or maybe I don't remember.

Fuck. Why can't I remember. I'd probably have to travel. How far? How long? Shit, When? I'd probably have-

"Ms.Carter are you still there?" The women's voice snapped me out of my spiral of anxious thoughts and now I had to put words together and speak to her.

"Yes, yes I'm here, sorry. Um so what are the details of this job?" I ask frantically while sitting on my bed still wrapped in a now damp towel.

"You'll be a writing assistant ma'am." She chuckled, like I was crazy for asking. I laughed nervously trying to fill the silence but I genuinely blanked when it came to responding to her.

"I can send you an email with some details if you'd like dear." She said after a few seconds.

"Oh um yes that would be great." I stutter out the best I can, still trying to process this phone call.

"Okay great. I have your email from your application, I'll send the details to that handle. Make sure to read through it carefully. And if you don't receive the email with in 24 hours check your spam folder just in case and if it's not there give me a call back at this number. You'll need to print off the email and sign it. In 48 hours you'll be requested to arrive in Chicago. That's where you'll meet your boss and talk further in detail. Do not forget to print and sign the papers this is your contract. Have a wonderful day ma'am, Mr. Styles is excited to begin working with you. See you soon Ms. Carter."