Chapter 1

Key for the story:

parseltongue

letters/writing/'thoughts'

xxxxxxxxxx change of POV during same scene

The house stood on a hill. It was large manor house with large windows and ivy spreading over the walls. It was, without a doubt, one of the grandest homes in all of England. Behind the house were many large magnificent gardens. Flowers grew in abundance and fountains were placed here and there. One fountain carved out of pure gold was shaped like snakes, and another fountain looked to be a dragon. Beyond the gardens was a beautiful pond full of frogspawn with lily pads floating peacefully on the top.

If you were to go beyond the gardens, you would come across a forest. This forest was full of many different creatures. One would have to be careful, just because you ventured forth into this forest doesn't mean you would ever leave it. For some of the beings that lived in this forest were, without question, some of the most dangerous creatures, or in some people's opinions monsters, to ever exist.

It was in this home, that with a slight pop, the man, Tom, appeared. The man walked through the front door and a moment later, another pop was heard.

"Does master be needing anything?" A small house elf with large eyes like tennis balls squeaked out. She was wearing a black uniform with the Slytherin crest on the chest. Her ears bounced with every step she took.

"Is Harrison's room ready?" Tom asked, walking briskly towards the grand staircase.

"Yes, Master Voldemort. Master Harrison's room be ready."

"Good, now leave me."

The small elf bowed low before disappearing with a pop.

Tom walked up the staircase; it was a beautiful black and white marble. Flecks of gold strategically placed in the floor caused the stairs to shine like the night sky when the light hit them just right. He came upon the second floor, but he didn't stay. He walked to another staircase, a spiral one with a beautiful dark wood carved railing, which led up to the third floor. The third floor of the manor was Tom's private quarters. No one, not even his Inner Circle of Death Eaters, was permitted access.

He passed door after door until, finally, he stopped at the last one on the right. He opened the door and inside was a large room, larger than most Master Suites. The walls were painted Slytherin green with silver stripes. Three chandeliers hung from the ceiling. A black crib with green and silver silk sheets was in the middle of the room. Toys were lining the shelves. Two doors were on the left side of the room. The first led to a walk in closet, while the second led to a large private bathroom. This bathroom had a vast bathtub, with dozens of taps (each doing something different), a large glass shower, and more than enough counter space for a dozen people.

Tom walked swiftly towards the closet. Upon entering, he chose a pair of dark blue pajamas. Once Harrison was changed, he walked to the crib and placed his new son comfortably under the soft sheets.

"Goodnight, my son." Tom said quietly, brushing his son's dark locks away from his forehead.

He walked to the door but, before leaving, he pulled out his wand. After setting up some wards to alert him when Harrison awoke, he left the room.