Chapter 78

Leo began walking towards the Great Hall doors, students pushing annoyingly past him in order to get to their dormitories. Leo sneered at the careless way his fellow students, Gryffindors in particular showed no respect in the way they ran into him. He was the heir to the Lestrange fortune, and a member of the best house at Hogwarts. People needed to learn to respect their betters.

"Watch where you're going," Blaise hissed. Leo turned to see Ginny sprawled on the ground, she was staring wide eyed at a glaring Blaise. Leo's sneer instantly morphed into a smirk, he knew the youngest Weasley had a crush on Blaise. "Oh, it's the weaselette." Ginny turned red as Pansy and Jenna giggled. Leo could see his twin staring disgustedly at Ginny, her eyes showing a calculating gleam. Leo's eyes scanned the crowd looking for Ron, he was surprised to find that he wasn't in his line of sight. Ever since the Chamber of Secrets incident the previous year Ron was usually near Ginny. Leo's eyes landed on Harrison who was speaking in hushed tones to Draco, neither seemed to be paying much attention to what was going on with Ginny. Draco's eyes kept flicking up to the head table, and Leo assumed they were talking about the staff appointments.

"S-sorry," Ginny mumbled as she scrambled up. "I didn't see you."

"That," Blaise snapped, "is obvious."

"What's going on here?" Anastasia asked coming up behind her brother, her Head Girl badge shimmering. Blaise ignored his sisters questions as he continued to glare at the second year.

"The little Gryffindor is apparently unable to watch where she's walking," Cass chimed in. A smirk playing on her lips, the calculating look still in her eyes. Anastasia pursed her lips, her long raven hair pulled into a low ponytail which swung around when her gaze switched to Cass.

"Very well," Anastasia said as she turned to Ginny. "Go to your common room." Ginny nodded, her face and neck as red as her hair. Leo's smirk stayed plastered on his face due to the girls obvious discomfort. "The rest of you come on," Anastasia said to the third year Slytherins as she brushed her bangs out of her face, showing off her blood red nails. "The first night of school everyone needs to be back to the common room as soon as the feast ends." Ginny looked at Blaise one last time before practically running out of the Great Hall, leaving behind a laughing Pansy, Jenna, Daphne, Tracey and Cass.

Mon-Wed

9-1030: Ancient Runes Slytherin and Ravenclaw

11-1230: Arithmancy Slytherin and Hufflepuff

130-330: Defense Against the Dark Arts Slytherin and Gryffindor

4-530: Herbology Slytherin and Ravenclaw

Tues-Thurs

9-12: Potions Slytherin and Gryffindor

130-330: Transfiguration Slytherin and Hufflepuff

4-530: Charms Slytherin and Hufflepuff

Friday

9-10: History of Magic Slytherin and Ravenclaw

1030-1230: Care of Magical Creatures Slytherin and Gryffindor