Chapter 75

Harrison took a seat in the Great Hall in between Draco and Blaise. He looked down the Slytherin table and saw Anastasia, she had a gold badge on her robes, with the words Head Girl written on it. Harrison smirked, he knew she had been made Head Girl even though it was Violet who had been their years female prefect. With Anastasia as Head Girl the Gryffindors would be losing plenty of house points. Harrison then scanned the Gryffindor table searching for the oldest Weasley currently at Hogwarts. Percy had been to Riddle Manor several times over the summer, he had told his parents he was going to his girlfriends house. Percy had been able to give his father some useful information that he overheard his parents discuss at their house. The fact that Percy didn't have a girlfriend amused Harrison, the Weasley parents must be more oblivious than he thought. However, with the looks he and Anastasia had sent each other the two times they were in the same room at Riddle Manor, Harrison suspected that he might have one soon. While Percy was at his manor, the older boy told Harrison that he had been made Head Boy. Harrison's eyes landed on Percy, his chest puffed out and a golden Head Boy badge pinned to his chest.

Harrison's eyes moved from Percy when he saw two heads of flaming red hair. Ron and Ginny were sitting next to each other, Ron's goons sitting across from them. Harrison's lips curled up slightly in a half sneer as he turned away to look up at the head table. Dumbledore was sitting in his high-backed golden chair at the center of the long staff table, wearing deep-purple robes scattered with silvery stars and a matching hat.

"Merlin help his sense of fashion," Tracey muttered under her breath.

"The man is senile," Pansy sneered disdainfully. "What do you expect?" Her nose wrinkled. "But he is queer, so it's not very surprising." Blaise snorted derisively as Harrison smirked.

Harrison's eyes shifted to Dumbledore right, Dumbledore's head was inclined towards the woman sitting next to him, who was talking into his ear. She looked like somebody's maiden aunt: squat, with short, curly, mouse-brown hair in which she had placed a horrible pink Alice band that matched the fluffy pink cardigan she wore over her robes. She turned towards the Slytherin table and Harrison saw that she had a pallid, toad-like face and a pair of prominent, pouchy eyes. Harrison immediately recognized her as a Death Eater he had seen in passing several times, Dolores Umbridge.

"No way," Draco hissed, half surprised and half annoyed. Harrison frowned as he looked at Draco who was staring unbecoming of the Malfoy heir at the person next to Umbridge. Harrison turned to the man at Umbridge's right, he was facing away from the Slytherins. Slowly the man turned around and Harrison felt surprise and amusement. Barty Crouch Jr was smirking at the Slytherins, his light brown eyes dancing with humor. "I can't believe father didn't tell me." Harrison's subconscious echoed Draco's words, he hadn't suspected Barty would be teaching for a second. Barty Crouch Jr had never held an actual job as far as Harrison knew, the man didn't want to work near his father at the Ministry of Magic and nothing interested him but the Dark Arts. Upon reflection Harrison wasn't surprised at his fathers choice for an inside man. Barty was loyal to his father, smart, powerful, and no one suspected him of being a Death Eater. Harrison's eyes connected with Barty's and Harrison smirked, a gesture which Barty returned.

Harrison pulled his eyes away from Barty as whispers regarding the Death Eater began to swirl around the Slytherin table. Looks of triumph, amusement, pleasure and eagerness shown in the eyes of the Slytherins. No doubt they knew what having another Death Eater working at Hogwarts meant. Harrison pushed down a sneer as he saw Hagrid drinking from an oversized golden goblet, his eyes landed on the man he knew was Remus Lupin. Remus was wearing a set of very shabby wizard robes, they were charcoal gray, but had obviously once been black. He had light brown hair that was flecked with gray, most likely premature grays due to his lycanthropy condition.

The welcome feast started the same as they had the previous two years. Professor McGonagall walked in with a group of half terrified and half anxious first years and placed the old ragged sorting hat on top of a stool. While the hat sang its song Harrison took the time to look at the new group of first years. Several of them were obviously Muggle-borns, nervousness mixed with awe and curiosity. Harrison allowed a small smile to grace his lips when he spotted the petite Astoria Greengrass, straight blonde hair perfectly styled and bright blue eyes scanning the Great Hall. Next to her were Regulus' twins, Carina and Orion Black. Carina had black curly hair that reached her waist, a silk green bow was tied around her hair. Orion looked like a miniature version of Regulus, short wavy black hair and defined cheek bones. Violet's younger brother Hyperion was standing next to Orion, the two first years were speaking quietly to one another.

Harrison watched as first years were sorted, it seemed like an equal amount of students were going into each house. When Carina was sorted into Slytherin instantly Harrison and his friends cheered loudly, Draco gave his cousin a hug and the first year sat next to the Malfoy heir. Orion soon joined his sister and several names later Astoria walked proudly over to a beaming Daphne, both of their blue eyes shining like aqua crystals. The sorting went by quickly, twenty one new first years joined Slytherin house. Harrison noticed that none of the Slytherins looked nervous, unlike the other first years. He assumed they were all hiding their nerves, after all a Slytherin showing too much emotion isn't a good thing. However some of them were beaming, and a few others were staring disdainfully at the Gryffindors. It was obvious the Slytherin and Gryffindor rivalry would continue with the new first years.