Chapter 22

Harrison soon found out from his father that the dragon egg Hagrid had was given to him by a Death Eater in disguise. The plan was to get Hagrid fired but unfortunately that didn't work because Dumbledore covered for him. Harrison was also informed of Luna's positive progress in her lessons.

Harrison was positively giddy when the Daily Prophet reported Death Eater attacks three days in a row towards the end of the year. All in all two aurors were killed, nine were injured and Ministry obliviators had dozens of muggles that need to be obliviated. On the down side, one death eater was killed in the attacks by an auror named Kingsley Shacklebolt. According to his father the man is very talented and also a member of the Order of the Phoenix.

Much to Ron's anger and the Slytherin first years amusement, Harrison had become friends with the Weasley twins. He hadn't used Ron's greatest fear against him yet but he had been glad the twins told him. They were willing to tell him anything he asked about his brother, it was obvious there was no love lost between them. He had been pleasantly surprised at the devious and somewhat cruel nature of the twins. They never meant for their pranks to seriously hurt anyone but when they did hurt someone they didn't seem to care. Even Draco had grown to become slightly fond of the twins, not that he'd admit it out loud.

The week before exams the Slytherin common room was quieter than normal. Most of the seventh and fifth years were never in the common room because they were either in the library or in their dorm rooms for quiet. When they would come into the common room they would snap if someone spoke loudly or dared to ask a question. The other years were studying but not as much since they didn't have NEWTs or OWLs.

Harrison knew all of the material so instead of studying for the exams he read books his father sent him or helped his friends. He spent hours trying to help Pansy remember dates they learned in History of Magic. Jenna needed help in Herbology but no matter how much she studied she was horrible at the subject. Surprisingly Neville helped Jenna in the subject and she helped him practice proper wand movements for Charms.

When exams began they had been given special new quills, which had been bewitched with an Anti-cheating spell. Harrison had been told by Fred and George that they do indeed work, he didn't bother asking them how they knew.

They had practical exams as well. Professor Flitwick called them one by one into his class to see if they could make a pineapple tap dance across a desk. Professor McGonagall watched them turn a mouse into a snuffbox - points were given for how pretty the snuffbox was, but taken away if it had whiskers. Snape made everyone, except the Slytherins, nervous as they tried to brew a forgetfulness potion. Their very last exam was History of Magic. One hour of answering questions about batty old wizards who'd invented self-stirring cauldrons and they'd be free, free for a whole wonderful week until their exam results came out.

"That was much easier than I thought it'd be," Hermione said happily.

Cass rolled her eyes but at a look from Harrison didn't say anything.

"What are your plans for the summer Hermione?" Harrison asked as he led his friends to the lake.

"My parents and I are going to Italy," Hermione said excitedly. "We're going to go to all the museums and try real Italian food."

"How exciting," Draco said in mock interest.

Hermione either didn't notice his tone or ignored it as she continued to talk about what her family had planned.

"You must visit the manor," Harrison said once she was done talking.

Harrison's best friends looked at him with undisguised shock and incredulity. He could've sworn Draco's eyes were going to bug out of his head and he didn't know if Pansy could get any more pale. He was going to make a joke about them looking very un-Slytherin but decided not to. He could tell they were all thinking that his father wouldn't allow it but he knew he would, albeit grudgingly if it was to sway someone to their side. He internally smirked as he knew what would make them even more shocked.

"I'll invite Neville and the Weasley twins as well," Harrison added with a smile.

Draco choked on air and Theo absentmindedly slapped his back. Harrison smiled at his friends and he saw Blaise's disbelief turn into amusement.