Chapter 25

Tom sat in his study staring intently at the two men and his son who were sitting before him. Lucius and Severus were staring back at him with expressionless faces, or at least to those who aren't him they would appear expressionless. He could easily see the hesitation in Severus' black eyes and the worry in Lucius' gray ones. He could see why they would be both nervous and worried, after all his plan wasn't what a normal person would consider safe. However he needed to teach Dumbledore a lesson, the old fool needed to know that Tom could cause problems even at Hogwarts, the supposed safest place in all of Britain. Harrison didn't look scared or worried instead he looked thoughtful and slightly amused. Tom's lips quirked into a half smile when he thought about the similarities he and his son shared.

Tom had spent hours mulling over different plans, he came up with dozens that would be sure to incite panic in the old man. He finally came up with something that would cause Dumbledore to not only worry but become confused and frightened for his students safety. At first Tom was hesitant, something that infuriated him. Before he adopted Harrison he never doubted himself but now he wanted to make sure that whatever he did his son would be safe. After thinking his plan over he knew his son would be safe for the basilisk that resides in the Chamber of Secrets would never harm an heir of Slytherin.

There were only two problems he foresaw and the first was Dumbledore closing the school once the attacks began. He knew that if students kept getting attacked that Dumbledore would close the school and he couldn't have that. However if the chamber was opened and several students were killed and then the attacks stopped it would remain open. The school governors wouldn't close it after only one or two attacks, but once more and more start to die they'd have no choice. The second problem was stopping the attacks before they could get too out of hand, he didn't want the school to close nor too much magical blood to spill. He came up with a solution that he knew would work as long as Dumbledore didn't have his son followed which was what he was worried about.

"Do you all understand what I'm asking of you?" Tom asked in an emotionless voice.

"Yes," Lucius answered promptly.

"Of course," Severus replied respectfully.

Tom waved his hand in a gesture for them to tell him what they were supposed to do. Tom watched as Lucius dusted off an imaginary piece of lint from his midnight black dress robes.

"I will take the diary," Lucius began, "and I will find a way to give it to the youngest Weasley girl." He said the name Weasley as though it was the worst word in the human language. "I'll preferably do it while the Weasley family is shopping for school supplies in Diagon Alley. The idiot Arthur Weasley won't notice a thing I am sure."

"Good," Tom said approvingly. "And you Severus?"

"I'll make sure that Dumbledore doesn't suspect Harrison's involvement once the chamber is opened," Severus replied. "If he begins to suspect Harrison I will inform you and Harrison immediately."

"Son?" Tom questioned as he stroked Nagini's scales.

"Once it gets to the point that Dumbledore is contemplating closing the school I'll retrieve the diary from the Weasley girl by any means necessary," Harrison answered. "If it's about to get into Dumbledore's hands or the diary gets out of control than I must destroy it."

"Very good," Tom nodded once before piercing Harrison with a stern look. "Whatever you do Harrison, do not write in the diary. Do you understand me?"