Chapter 123

AN:

You will notice that I skip the first task, what happened will be mentioned, but I saw no reason to waste a chapter writing what the three contestants did. The first task in no way affects the story, so it would be a waste of time, and be nothing other than filler. That's also why the Yule Ball isn't a million words long, the story is at the point that if it doesn't affect anything it will just take away from everything that's about to happen. This chapter is different than my others. The first bit happens on New Years Eve then it will go back and show what happened leading up to it. There will be a date letting you know what day everything happens.

31 December 1994

The voice shouting at her barely registered in Luna's brain. Her head throbbed with such intensity that she was sure it would soon explode, brains and blood bursting through the air like a macabre firework. She felt someone grab her arms and shake roughly, her body moving back and forth like a rag doll. She couldn't tear her eyes away from her hands — shaking and covered in blood. Images flashed through her mind, for once the images weren't of a possible future, but of the terror she'd just witnessed.

"Where is Harrison?"

Luna had never heard words so cold and cruel, and their intensity pulled her back to reality. She looked into the glowing red eyes of Voldemort, and she could see the promise of death lurking in them. The reality of what just happened hit her like a tsunami, and tears fell down her face.

"I didn't want to leave them!" Luna sobbed. Never before had she lost control to such an extent. Her breathing came out in quick, shallow, gasps. "Harrison made me. He threw that at me and—" Her voice caught in her throat, and no more words could come out.

Luna pointed a shaking hand at something on the ground. Tom quickly bent down and picked up a glittering snake dangling from a long silver chain.

"His emergency port key," Tom said. No emotion could be found in his words.

"Where is my son, and why would he give—"

The door flew open, and a disheveled Narcissa ran inside. Luna had never seen the Malfoy matriarch look anything other than perfect and composed, but now she looked as if she were running for her life. Panic was etched in her face, and her eyes were wild.

"My Lord," Narcissa said quickly, fear evident in her voice. "Lucius and Severus have been trying to contact you. Something has happened. The children —"

The chandelier hanging above Luna's head shattered, the room went cold, and for the first time in her life, Luna felt as if the Dark Lord would kill her.

24 December 1994

Harrison stepped out of the floo and couldn't help being amazed. Every year Malfoy Manor was turned into a winter wonderland for their annual Christmas party, and every year the decorations became even more impressive. He smoothed down his black dress robes as he took in their transformed ball room.

The Malfoy's charmed the ceiling to replicate the night sky, and fairies flew around the ceiling, making it look as though hundreds of stars were dancing. The walls were charmed to replicate a forest filled with snow covered Christmas trees. Round tables covered in red silk tablecloths, were adorned with glittering white candles, their flames burning blood red. Real icicles hung from tables covered in glasses of champagne, wine, and liquor.

Harrison walked passed an ice sculpture of a reindeer, and bowed politely before kissing Narcissa's hand. The Malfoy matriarch looked stunning in a red velvet dress, adorned with a black bow.

"My darling Harrison," Narcissa said fondly. "I was pleased to hear that your girlfriend excelled during the first task."

Harrison smiled proudly. Fleur had come in first place during the first task. She had used her veela charm to lull the dragon, then used her ability as a veela to control fire to coat her body in flames in case the dragon woke up. She had been able to receive her egg twenty-seven second faster than Viktor, who had come in second place.

"Thank you, Aunt Cissa," Harrison said. He turned to Bellatrix, who had finally begun to behave like her old self. Although, he could still see the desire and need for vengeance in her eyes. "Aunt Bella, you look wonderful."

Bellatrix laughed. "You've lost none of your charm I see."

"Never," Harrison grinned.

xxXXxxXXxxXXxxXx

Fleur exited the floo to the sound of a live band playing Christmas melodies. She marveled at the beautiful decorations, as she looked for Harrison.

"There he is," Fleur grinned, as she led her family to the other side of the room past women in gorgeous gowns and men in dress robes. Laughter filled the hall, and the scent of freshly bake pies wafted throughout the room.

"Fleur," Harrison said, as she wrapped her arms around Harrison. "You look gorgeous." She could see the desire in Harrison's eyes, and she smirked teasingly at him. She knew she looked good in her tight silk red dress. The front was low cut, and it accented her tiny waist. Her father had bristled disapprovingly when he had seen her in it, which made her love it even more.

"Merci," Fleur beamed.

Harrison held out his hand, "It's a pleasure to see you again, Minister Delacour."

"The pleasure is mine," Pierre Delacour said. He was a tall man, with a strong jaw, blonde hair, and eyes that shone with intelligence. "Fleur says nothing but great things about you."

"You look beautiful, Madame Delacour," Harrison said, before kissing Apolline Delacour's hand. She looked almost identical to Fleur, but with shoulder length blonde hair.

"Aren't you sweet," Apolline said, her accent thicker than both her husband and daughters.

"Harrison," Fleur said, "you've yet to meet my sister." She gestured towards a tiny little girl, another spitting image of Fleur. "Gabrielle."

"Bonjour," Gabrielle said quietly.

"Bonjour, mademoiselle," Harrison said.

Gabrielle blushed and hid behind her mother. Apolline laughed.

"She's shy," Fleur whispered into Harrison's ear.

"I gathered as much," Harrison whispered back amusedly. He looked at Gabrielle, whose blonde head was peaking out behind her mother's green ballgown. "Gabrielle, would you like to come with Fleur and me to get a drink?"

Gabrielle's eyes widened, and she looked at her sister. Fleur had to restrain from laughing. Gabrielle had spoken nonstop all day about how cute Harrison was, and now that she was around him she couldn't even open her mouth.

"Gabrielle, it's impolite not to answer when spoken to," Apolline chastised gently.

"Oui," Gabrielle said quietly.

Harrison smiled, and Fleur's heart fluttered when he reached out his hand towards Gabrielle. Her little sister immediately latched onto him and smiled. Fleur knew in that moment that even though they'd only been dating a few months that she loved Harrison.