Chapter 73

Snape stared stoically at the head of Elphias Doge. He knew that Voldemort had captured Elphias and was torturing him for information. However, he hadn't been informed that Elphias had been killed or that his head was to be sent to Dumbledore. Snape refrained from smirking, although inwardly he was. Sending the severed head of one of Dumbledore's oldest friends was a good way to get to Dumbledore, a good way to temporarily lower his morale. Although, it would end up making him very angry. Snape wondered if that was Voldemort's plan, make Dumbledore angry and causing him to make a mistake. However, Snape didn't dwell long on the head of Elphias Doge. The man was of no consequence to him, him being dead was only good in Snape's opinion.

What Snape kept thinking about was Sirius Black. He knew that Sirius wasn't a Death Eater, he knew that it was Peter Pettigrew who had betrayed the Potter's. Snape had never cared that Sirius was falsely imprisoned, quite the contrary, he found the situation to be amusing. In his eyes, Sirius Black deserved every bad thing that came his way after everything Sirius did to Snape when they were in school. How Sirius escaped though was a mystery to Snape, he had assumed Sirius was crazy by now. One couldn't spend too much time in Azkaban without going crazy. Years with no one to talk to, only hearing the screams of fellow inmates and surrounded constantly by Dementors would drive anyone crazy. Snape didn't know how Sirius could've been sane enough to escape.

"I would say it was Him," Dumbledore said, his voice radiating power and fury. Snape turned to Dumbledore whose blue eyes were blazing. "Excuse me, I must go to the Ministry." Dumbledore looked at the head of Elphias and briefly closed his eyes before they opened once more. "I will take Elphias with me, with any luck we will soon find the rest of his body." Pain flashed across the headmasters face as he turned to Snape who stared stoically at him. "Find out what you can from Tom." Snape nodded stiffly as Dumbledore levitated the head of Elphias Dogs and briskly walked towards the Great Hall doors. Snape stared at Dumbledore's retreating figure until a strangled sob caused him to turn to Sprout. Snape internally sneered as he stood, the other three heads of house looked at him. Sprouts eyes were rimmed with tears, Flitwick was pale and McGonagall was staring at him worriedly. Without saying a word he strode after Dumbledore, he had to speak with the Dark Lord.

Harrison sat on the Hogwarts Express idly stroking Nani as he listened to the conversations going on in his compartment. Leo and Cass were arguing over Cronus, Cass wanted Leo to send him ahead to Hogwarts but he wouldn't. Harrison eyed the large black bird in amusement, its silver eyes were staring at a fuming Cass. Blaise was flipping through a copy of Wicked Witches and ignoring Pansy's disgusted protests. The front cover showed a beautiful twenty-something witch, her private area covered by a cauldron and her breasts barely covered by her long red hair. Harrison turned to Draco when he heard Hagrid's name.

"I hate that blasted book the stupid oaf Hagrid assigned," Draco said disgruntled. "The bloody thing almost took my hand off." Draco rubbed his hand subconsciously. "Father had to stun the blasted thing."

"I used a belt to keep mine closed," Harrison interjected. "If you don't keep something around it, the book will destroy everything."

"It ate my copy of Advanced Charms," Daphne said through pursed lips. "Mother told me to use Spellotape to keep it shut."

"So Harrison," Blaise said, interrupting their conversation as he threw his magazine into his trunk. "Where's your girlfriend." Harrison rolled his eyes, he noticed Daphne frown but he pretended not to notice. He knew that Daphne like him, it was obvious to anyone who knew her. But Harrison didn't want to ruin their friendship unless he was sure it was going to work out. Harrison noticed that everyone was looking at him.