Chapter 60

Harrison noticed as he sat in the Great Hall the following morning that the entirety of Gryffindor and Hufflepuff looked miserable. The first years all looked like they had been up all night crying and the second years didn't look much better. Ron was hovering near his sister and Harrison even saw him force food onto her plate, he was genuinely surprised Ron seemed to care. The boy usually had his head so far up his ass. He looked at the Weasley twins and Percy, the twins were talking in hushed voices and when Fred saw Harrison looking he inclined his head once. Percy looked like he usually did, like he had just been announced ruler supreme over the universe. The staff table was subdued and half of the professors were missing including the heads of house and Dumbledore.

"Amelia Bones has been here since before the sun was even up," Anthony Dolohov informed his fellow Slytherins. "Since I'm head boy I was informed this morning by Professor Snape, apparently she's talking to everyone the first year who opened the chamber came into contact with."

"Do you know who opened it?" Violet asked curiously. Everyone within hearing range looked to Anthony for an answer.

"No," Anthony said with a hint of annoyance. "Professor Snape said that he wasn't allowed to say." Harrison felt a twinge of annoyance, of course Dumbledore wouldn't want anyone to know that it was the daughter of one of his biggest supporters that opened the chamber. Harrison looked up from his porridge when two owls landed in front of him, he untied the morning paper and a letter he knew was from his father. He opened the letter first.

Harrison,

Lucius informed me last evening about the events that transpired at the school yesterday. I am glad that you were able to alter the Weasley girls memories. I have spoken with Bill and Charlie Weasley who had been at the manor for their initiation into my ranks, they know the truth of what happened but have sworn an oath not to speak of it. Charlie has already persuaded one of his friends from Romania to join me so I will soon have another dragon handler working for me, it has given me some ideas but nothing you need to worry about.

Were you able to acquire anything from the Chamber of Secrets? I know you would have sought out the library or Salazar Slytherins study which also contained a large collection of tomes. If you haven't then do so, there are many books down there I have been waiting for decades to read. The backlash from the three deaths caused by the opening of the chamber is as good as we can expect. There is an inquiry being done by Amelia Bones, several of my sources within the Department of Magical Law Enforcement have told me that she was furious to learn about the deaths especially in regards to the Gryffindor boy and her Auror. I can say that I am pleased with how everything turned out, one less Mudblood Gryffindor is nothing to lose sleep over and neither is an Auror loyal to the light or that fool Lockhart.

Be on your guard.

Father

Harrison immediately burnt the note to a crisp and pulled the paper towards him. There wasn't anything he didn't know or assume in his fathers letter. The front page of the morning paper was as expected about the deaths at Hogwarts. There was a large photograph of Amelia Bones standing with Dumbledore in the Ministry of Magic over an article.

Deaths at Hogwarts

By Rita Skeeter

I am sad to report that last night three people lost their lives at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Gilderoy Lockhart, author of numerous best selling books including Magical Me and winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award, decorated Auror Rufus Scrimgeour and first year Muggle-born student Colin Creevey were all found dead by several Hogwarts professors. The cause of their deaths has been ruled classified by the Ministry of Magic by orders of the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge.