Chapter 9

At eleven, the older students sent anyone under third year to their dormitories. Harrison stretched as he walked to his desk and was glad to see a letter waiting for him. He opened it up and recognized his father's writing. A quill fell into his hands from the letter and Harrison raised an eyebrow.

Harrison,

The letter you received is quite worrisome. If the girl decides to spill your secrets then everything I've worked for will be setback years. Not only that, but your life will be in danger and I can't have that. However, if Luna Lovegood truly is a seer and she wants to be on our side, then I will allow her to join us. She will need to swear a secrecy and loyalty oath, if she knows of the future, I don't want her to be able to answer to anyone else. If she doesn't want to join us, than I will kill her myself.

Write her back and inform her that the quill is a portkey and it will bring her to Riddle Manor on December twenty third. The quill I speak of is the quill that should be with this letter. Inform her that she has the next month to decide where her loyalties lie. She said in the letter that they are with you, but that could be all talk. After all, she's never even met you. Parts of the letter she sent could also mean several things.

I'm looking forward to seeing you for the holidays.

Love,

Father

Harrison read the note once more before burning it to ash. He pulled out a quill and parchment and wrote a note to Luna, he included the quill then summoned one of the Riddle house elves.

"Yes Master Harrison?" Twinky asked.

"Take this to the owlery and give it to Ares my owl," Harrison told the elf. "Tell him to take it to Luna Lovegood."

The elf nodded and popped away. Harrison sighed and sat down at his desk, his hand began stroking his familiar.

Are you okay? Nani hissed,her head bobbing up and down.

I'm slightly worried, that's all. Harrison replied.

Why don't you talk to your friends?

Harrison glanced at Draco who was pulling out his pajamas. Normally I would, I would trust my best friends with my life. He shook his head. But they can't know that I was born Harry Potter, at least not yet. I don't know how they would take it.

They care about you, I can sense it. They won't stop caring because you weren't born a Riddle.

I know, but now isn't the time. Harrison gestured for Nani to curl up his arm. I will eventually, but not today.

The day before they were to return home for the holidays found the first year Slytherins walking from the dungeons at the end of Potions where they found a large fir tree blocking the corridor ahead. Two enormous feet sticking out at the bottom and a loud puffing sound told them that Hagrid was behind it. Leo sneered at the obstruction, but before anyone could say something, an unwelcome voice spoke.

"Hi Hagrid, want any help?" Harrison heard Ron ask the gamekeeper.

"Nah, I'm all right, thanks Ron," Hagrid said trying to catch his breath.

"Would you mind moving out of the way?" Draco said sneering at the Gryffindor. "Are you trying to earn some extra money, Weasley? Hoping to be gamekeeper yourself when you leave Hogwarts? I suppose that hut of Hagrid's must seem like a palace compared to what your family's used to." Harrison didn't stop himself from snickering along with his friends as Ron turned red.

"Shouldn't someone who's able to perform magic bring the trees inside?" Cass asked scathingly.

"Dumbledore wants the oaf to feel needed," Blaise smirked.

Ron dived at Blaise just as Snape came up the stairs.

"WEASLEY!" Snape roared.

Ron let go of the front of Blaise's robes.

"He was provoked, Professor Snape," said Hagrid, sticking his huge hairy face out from behind the tree. "They were insultin' his family and myself." Harrison sneered at him and then turned to glare at Ron who looked as if he wanted to punch all of them.

"Be that as it may, fighting is against Hogwarts rules, Hagrid," said Snape silkily. "Five points from Gryffindor, Weasley, and be grateful it isn't more. Move along,all of you." Harrison smirked at Ron then turned to walk towards the great hall, pushing roughly past the tree and scattering needles everywhere.

"He's so easy to infuriate," Theo pointed out.

"That's what makes it so fun," Blaise grinned. "We barely have to do anything for him to lose Gryffindor points."

Walking into the great hall Harrison saw Professors McGonagall and Flitwick putting up decorations. He had to admit the hall did look spectacular. Festoons of holly and mistletoe hung all around the walls and no less than twelve towering Christmas trees stood around the room,some sparkling with tiny icicles, some glittering with hundreds of candles. Live fairies fluttered on one of the trees and the scent of fresh baked bread filled the hall. Wreaths hung at the end of every table and the plates had silver and gold Christmas patterns around the edges.

"Are you all packed?" Violet asked from several seats down.

"Leo isn't," Cass told the prefect with a smirk in her brothers direction.

"I will be," Leo said as he shot his sister an agitated look.

"I didn't pack," Harrison announced. "There really isn't any point, I have clothes and everything else I need at the manor."

"It really is pointless to bring all of your stuff home for two weeks," Theo mused.

"Are you going to the Malfoy Christmas Ball?" Harrison asked Violet in an attempt to change the subject.

"Of course," Violet answered. "My family goes every year. This year it'll probably be the only time I get to do something fun, I need to study for my OWLs the rest of the time."

"The more I hear about OWLs the less I look forward to fifth year," Blaise said under his breath.

Harrison shot Blaise an amused look and went back to his food.