Chapter 30

At last, the carriage swayed to a halt, and Harrison got out, followed by his friends. They joined the other second year Slytherins and the crowd swarming up the steps, through the giant oak front doors, into the cavernous Entrance Hall, which was lit with flaming torches, and housed a magnificent marble staircase that led to the upper floors. The portraits whispered excitedly from their frames as the noise level rose. Following the large group of Hogwarts students Harrison made his way into the Great Hall, the ceiling adorned with twinkling stars. He said goodbye to Hermione and Neville and walked to the Slytherin table.

"What the bloody hell is he wearing?" Draco asked looking repulsed.

"I think he dresses worse than Dumbledore," Cass wrinkled her nose.

Harrison looked where they were staring and saw Gilderoy Lockhart sitting at the staff table between Professors Snape and Sprout; he was wearing bright turquoise robes with a matching hat adorned with a gold trim.

Harrison looked at the man incredulously. "He looks like a fairy."

The second years snickered as McGonagall walked in leading the first years.

Harrison didn't even bother listening to the Sorting Hat singing its song, he was too busy observing the new first years. Most of them looked scared or nervous, and a few looked like they were going to either throw up or pass out. The only one who looked unfazed was Luna who was staring happily at the enchanted ceiling.

"Ackerley, Stewart," McGonagall called.

A short boy with brown hair ran up to the stool.

"RAVENCLAW!"

The Ravenclaw house broke into applause and Stewart rushed to the table with a huge grin. Harrison clapped politely for the boy as McGonagall called the next name. Several names later the first person Harrison knew was called.

"Bletchley, Eliza."

A petite girl with straight brown hair wearing a green bow in her hair bounded forward.

"SLYTHERIN!"

Eliza walked over to loud cheers from the Slytherins and received a hug from her brother Miles. Slytherin soon received two more students, Sebastian Carrow and Natasha Chambers.

"Creevey, Colin."

A hyper boy who looked no older than nine ran up to the stool and jammed the hat on his head.

"Mudblood," Leo murmured.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

After several names Dawson Dagworth was sorted into Slytherin and a few minutes later so was Noah Gibbon. After watching several more students get sorted William Jugson joined the house of snakes.

"Lovegood, Luna."

Harrison watched as the blonde practically floated up to the stool. He could hear whispers from every table except the Slytherins, he heard his name but ignored them.

"RAVENCLAW!"

Harrison clapped as Luna walked to the Ravenclaw table.