Chapter 39

Quidditch practice soon began and with the new Nimbus 2001's the Slytherin Quidditch team looked like no more than green blurs as they flew through the air. He was positive that the Quidditch cup would once more belong to Slytherin. Harrison was walking to the Quidditch pitch for practice one Saturday morning in the beginning of October when he heard a voice that caused him to stop in his tracks. The voice was enough to chill his bone marrow, it was a voice of breathtaking ice-cold venom.

Come…Come to me…Let me rip you...Let me tear you...Let me kill you…

Harrison recognized it immediately as Parseltongue and a cruel grin slowly spread across his face. This was the first sign that the Chamber of Secrets had been opened. He had been wondering for awhile when the diary would possess Ginny and cause her to set the basilisk free. He knew there was nothing he could do to speed things along so he continued to practice. All the way to the Quidditch pitch he visualized Ron being killed after looking into the basilisks bright yellow eyes.

Harrison was almost to the pitch, he could see the tall gold posts and stands when shouting reached his ears. He quickened his pace and walked the rest of the way up the small hill until he could see the entire Quidditch pitch. The rest of the Slytherin Quidditch team was in a shouting match with the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Marcus and Oliver Wood were almost nose to nose and Abraham Montague's green robes were disheveled. Harrison wondered what had caused a full blown shouting match and as he got closer he could hear what they were saying.

"Go fuck yourself Flint!" Oliver yelled furiously.

Harrison could see Marcus smirk from where he was. "Why don't I fuck one of your pretty little Chasers instead?"

The Gryffindors instantly went into an uproar while the Slytherins looked on in smug satisfaction. Cormac McLaggen pulled out his wand and sent a cutting hex at Marcus who quickly stepped out of the way. Katie Bell pulled out her wand and shakily pointed it at Marcus. Fred and George looked torn when they saw Harrison and he was glad they weren't joining in the fight.

"You disgusting pig!" Angelina Johnson yelled.

"I'll see Professor McGonagall about this," Oliver added angrily as he held back Alicia Spinnet.

"Did I miss something?" Harrison asked innocently.

Everyone turned to look at the second year and Cormac's eyes immediately narrowed. For a second Cormac looked like he would physically strike him but in the end he just pointed his wand between his eyes. Harrison didn't react to the wand in his face with the exception of cocking his head to the side.

"Actually you did," Cormac spat. "Today was supposed to be our day to practice and your slimy teammates won't leave the field."

"Actually McLaggen we booked the field," Harrison said condescendingly. "But I'm sure we can leave and come back another day." Harrison's teammates shot him angry and surprised looks. "After all, your team needs all the practice you can get." Their looks of anger and surprise morphed into ones of mirth. "Especially with those dreadful brooms you all have." He glanced at the twins and nodded almost imperceptibly to show he didn't mean anything towards them, they returned the gesture. "Cleansweep fives?" Harrison grimaced. "I didn't know they still sold those horrendous things."

"Shut up you arrogant bastard," Cormac snapped.

"Me arrogant?" Harrison chuckled. "Your just as bad, I at least have a reason to be."