Chapter 87

Harrison listened to the conversations around him as he stirred sugar into his porridge.

"It's been three days and all of Gryffindor are still shunning them," Pansy smirked as she looked haughtily at where Ron, Dean and Seamus were sitting. Harrison followed her gaze and smirked when he saw that Ron who normally ate like a pig was poking his plate moodily. The seats across from the three boys were empty and so were the ones to either side of them. Harrison heard from Fred and George that no one in Gryffindor would even look at the youngest male Weasley or his two best friends.

"I would shun them too if they caused us to go into the negatives," Jenna pointed out.

"I heard even the little weaselette won't talk to the weasel because he hurt you," Draco said cockily to Blaise. The former narrowed his eyes while Leo laughed.

Harrison zoned out as his friends continued to make fun of their three least favorite Gryffindors. He didn't look up again until an owl landed in front of him. It was a dark brown owl with white around its eyes, he didn't recognize it. He untied the letter and saw his name written on the front, the letters were barely legible, it was obviously written in haste. He subtly waved his hand, his wrist jerking slightly. There appeared to be nothing wrong with the letter.

"Who is that from?" Tracey asked. Harrison looked up to see that she was looking at a letter in Theo's hands. He narrowed his eyes slightly when he realized that the letter in Theo's hand was the same kind he was holding. He could tell because they were both discolored in the corners. He looked around at his friends and saw that Leo, Draco and Blaise each had one as well.

"I don't know," Theo murmured. His brown eyes were resting on the letter in Harrison's hands, he appeared to have come to the same conclusion. "It seems however, that I'm not the only one who received one." The third year Slytherins exchanged curious looks before the five third years tore the envelopes open. As soon as Harrison tore open the envelope three pieces of folded parchment fell out. Harrison reached for the first one and unfolded it quickly.

Riddle,

I'm sorry for attacking you.

Ron

Harrison snorted as his eyebrows rose into his hairline. Ron's handwriting looked hurried and there were several dots of splattered ink.

"Is this a joke?" Harrison asked incredulously as he looked up at his friends. Leo was staring at his letter in disgust while Draco was wiping his hands on his robes, his letter laying on top of his plate.

"Why the bloody hell would Thomas write me an apology?" Blaise demanded. "As if I need one from a filthy little mudblood like him."

"Thomas?" Theo asked sharply. "I got one from Finnigan."

Harrison immediately snatched up the second piece of parchment.

Riddle,

I'm sorry for taking part of the attack on you and your friends.

Dean Thomas

"All of them wrote us one," Harrison murmured. His eyes flicked up to the head table where Snape, Barty and Umbridge were watching them. Harrison held up Dean's apology, and Snape's lip curled into a smirk. Realization hit Harrison, and he felt like a fool for not coming to the conclusion earlier. "The professors made them write the letters."