Chapter 109

IMPORTANT AN: This is the last chapter that will include parts of the book. After this chapter, the story will completely differ from cannon, as the big war and it's major setup will begin soon. Hope you all enjoy

"Bloody hell!" Hannah Abbot spluttered.

Laughter rang out through the hall, as Hannah staggered sideways. A large, red water-filled balloon fell from the ceiling, and she narrowly avoided getting hit a second time.

"Peeves!" Hannah snapped.

"Stop that this instant!" A young girl wearing Gryffindor robes and a glinting prefect badge ordered the poltergeist.

Peeves blew a raspberry. "I'm not doing nothing wrong, blondie," Peeves cackled.

"Get down here!" The prefect yelled.

Peeves threw another water bomb into a group of second year Hufflepuffs who screamed and ran towards their house table.

"Fools," Pansy said with a disdainful sniff, as she stepped around a puddle of water.

"I find it amusing," Blaise said. "It's not as if Peeves would ever dare prank a Slytherin, the Bloody Baron would go ballistic."

"It's still annoying having to always walk around his prank of the week," Jenna said, as she wrinkled her nose at a group of wet third years.

Harrison blocked out his friends comments and the prefect's yelling to stare at Cass. Ever since the day Cass had hit on him at her house she had been acting like her old self again, but Harrison could tell that it was merely an act. While Leo seemed to be dealing with the loss of their unborn sibling just fine, Cass appeared to be still upset, although hiding it admirably. Harrison was sure his other friends didn't even notice the tinge of sadness in her eyes, with the exception of her twin, who would shoot her the occasional worried glance.

"She'll be fine," a quiet voice whispered.

Harrison looked at Leo as they took a seat at the Slytherin table.

"I know," Harrison quietly retorted.

Leo shot him a grateful look before laughing at something Theo said.

Harrison looked around the hall as the students filed in for the start of year feast. Quite a few of the students were grumbling under their breath about Peeves. On the four house tables, golden plates and goblets gleamed by the light of hundreds of floating silver and gold candles. He spared the Head Table a glance and saw Dumbledore seated in the center, a purple and silver hat perched atop his head. For the first time since Harrison has been a student, there were no new professors. Dolores Umbridge once again sat to Dumbledore's left side, wearing her customary pink robes.

To Umbridge's right sat Barty Crouch Jr who was in a quiet but intense conversation with Snape. Remus Lupin, who sat several seats away was eyeing the two Death Eaters in a way that wouldn't be obvious to anyone who didn't know what they were looking for. Harrison didn't know what the werewolf was expecting to hear or see, as neither of the two men would slip up in public. Harrison had to contain a sneer as his eyes roamed over Hagrid, who as usual, looked as if he had just walked out of the Forbidden Forest after having lived there for a year. He finished scanning the rest of the professors shortly before loud footsteps began to echo and the new first years walked into the Great Hall.