Chapter 108

Harrison arrived with barely a pop. The sound of a waterfall reached his ears, and he looked up to see crystal clear water flowing down a twenty foot high rock wall into a large swimming pool. His eyes landed on the figure standing near the edge of the deep end.

"Cass, what's wrong?" Harrison asked. She didn't respond except to cross her bare legs. Her yellow bikini stood out in stark contrast to her pale skin. "Your house elf showed up out of nowhere saying that you needed me right away." He reached her and grabbed her arm. Cass slowly turned around.

Harrison was shocked to see that her eyes were red. It was an odd sight, as Cass hated to show weakness in front of anyone, even Harrison. He couldn't remember the last time he'd seen her so much as sniffle.

"What is it?" Harrison asked gently.

Cass tucked a strand of long curly hair behind her ear.

"What if something happens to one of us?" Cass asked quietly. Harrison frowned. "What if we go into Hogsmeade one day, all of us in our Slytherin robes, and bam you're dead. Or Daphne. Or Blaise. Or…any of us."

"Cass," Harrison began slowly, "where is this coming from?"

Cass sighed. "We're in the middle of a war, Harrison. People die everyday. Good people. Bad people. What if one of us is next?" A tear rolled down her cheek.

"Hey," Harrison wiped the tear away with his thumb, "none of us are going to die. Aunt Bella would never let anything happen to you or Leo. To any of us." He smiled. "My dad wouldn't either."

"No one is invincible," Cass whispered.

Harrison stared at Cass as she chewed on her bottom lip. He was officially worried. Cass never bit her lip or displayed any other sign of nervousness.

"What happened?" Harrison asked again.

"My mom," Cass swallowed, "last night after the World Cup…" She swallowed again, harder this time. "I know it shouldn't matter, none of us even knew." She covered her mouth. "I'm not supposed to tell anyone, not even you."

"Then why are you?" Harrison asked after she fell silent. Although, he had the feeling he knew what she'd say.

"Your dad is the Dark Lord," Cass replied, "you'll find out sooner or later. And I trust you more than anyone…besides Leo, you know…" Cass looked into his eyes. "My mom found out that she was pregnant, but because of the curse Sirius," she spat his name, "hit her with, she lost it."

Harrison looked sadly at Cass. He had known, his father told him before he left for Lestrange Manor, but he didn't want to tell her that. What he hadn't know was that Cass and Leo had been told. He felt horrible for them, they were family to him, and Sirius had hurt them. He would make sure Sirius paid for what he did.

"I'm sorry," Harrison said honestly. He knew how much his Aunt Bella had wanted another child.

"It was a boy," Cass said. She acted as though she hadn't heard him. "I would've had a baby brother. I shouldn't be upset, I didn't know him, but it still hurts, knowing…"

"He will pay for what he did," Harrison said fiercely. "Aunt Bella, Uncle Rodolphus, Aunt Cissa, none of them will stop until he pays. My father won't either. You know that. He—"