Chapter 46

The three Gryffindors scowled at Snape while the three Slytherins exchanged smirks. Everyone else paired up and they were told to pull out their wands. Harrison twirled his wand around with his fingers all the while smirking at a glaring Ron.

"Face your partners!" called Lockhart, back on the platform, "and bow!"

Harrison and Ron barely inclined their heads, not taking their eyes off each other.

"Wands at the ready!" Lockhart shouted. "When I count to three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent - only to disarm them - we don't want any accidents. One ... two ... three ..."

Harrison heard Draco cast at two but he didn't pay him any attention, he waited until Lockhart said three and fired off a curse. He made sure to speak out loud, he would draw unwanted attention if he cast non-verbally.

"Langlock!" Harrison shouted.

Harrison smirked when Ron didn't even put up a shield, the spell hit him square in the chest. Ron went to say a spell but realized that his tongue was glued to the roof of his mouth and began trying to yell but nothing coherent came out. Harrison's smirk grew, that was precisely the reason why a person should know how to cast non-verbally. Harrison knew he could just disarm Ron and then be done with it, but he wanted to embarrass the boy first. He could hear spells being shouted all around him and saw several people fall to the ground from his peripheral vision.

"Engorgio Skullus!" Harrison shouted and Ron surprisingly dodged it. "Anteoculatia! Locomotor Wibbly! Calvorio!" Ron dodged the next two but the third hit him in the neck causing all of his red hair to fall out of his head. Ron's eyes went wide as he looked down and saw his hair puddled around his feet. "Densaugeo!" Ron hadn't been paying attention and the spell landed right on target causing Ron's front teeth to begin growing.

Ron glared at Harrison and it was obvious he was trying to yell curses. He was waving his wand around over-zealously and his face was bright red. Harrison sent a disarming jinx and Ron's wand went sailing through the air and into his hand. Harrison shot the now bald second year a triumphant look. Ron looked ready to charge at him so Harrison quickly sent a stunner before he could act. Harrison twirled both wands in his hands and looked around the room. There were students waving their wands around wildly, some students were laying on the ground and others were spouting boils or purple spots.

"Nice job Harrison," Draco smirked.

"Thank you," Harrison said as he heard a click and turned to Pansy. "What are you doing?"

Pansy was holding the camera she usually carried with her everywhere. "I wanted a picture of this memory."

Draco laughed while Harrison shook his head in amusement. He looked down at Seamus who was laying face down on the ground sporting a pigs tail. Harrison snorted before his head snapped up upon hearing a loud explosion.

"I said disarm only!" Lockhart shouted in alarm. No one could hear him over the noise. "Stop! Stop!"

Snape took charge. "Finite Incantatem!"

Harrison looked around, a haze of green smoke was hovering over the scene. Everyone who had been laying on the ground was waking up and those who had been hit with other spells were going back to normal. Ron jumped up and glared at Harrison with more venom than he ever had before. Harrison winked causing the red head to turn bright red and ball his hands into fists. All that did was cause Harrison to be even more amused, he loved how easy it was to get Ron riled up.

"Dear, dear," said Lockhart, skittering through the crowd, looking at the aftermath of the duels. "Up you get, Macmillan...careful there, Miss Fawcett...pinch it hard, and it'll stop bleeding in a second, Boot. I think I'd better teach you how to block unfriendly spells," said Lockhart, standing flustered in the midst of the hall. "Let's have a volunteer pair - Longbottom and Macmillan, how about you?"

"A bad idea, Professor Lockhart," said Snape, gliding over. "Longbottom causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending what's left of Macmillan up to the hospital wing in a match-box." Neville's round pink face went pinker. "How about Weasley and Malfoy?" He asked with a twisted smile, the hall broke into whispers and Draco looked as though Christmas had come early.

"Excellent idea!" said Lockhart, gesturing Draco and Ron into the middle of the Hall as the crowd backed away to give them room.

"Now, Weasley," said Lockhart, "When Malfoy points his wand at you, you do this." He raised his wand, attempting a complicated sort of wiggling action and dropped it. Snape smirked as Lockhart quickly picked it up, saying, "Whoops - my wand is a little over-excited." Harrison covered up a snort with a cough.

"Scared?" Muttered Ron, so that Lockhart couldn't hear him.

"You wish," said Draco out of the corner of his mouth.

Lockhart cuffed Ron merrily on the shoulder. "Just do what I did, Weasley!"

Harrison saw Ron scowl; well at least Ron isn't stupid enough to listen to the fool.

"Three - two - one - go!" Lockhart shouted.

"Locomotor Mortis!" Draco shouted and Ron quickly jumped out of the way.

"Stupefy!" Ron yelled and a red light shot towards Draco.

"Protego!" Draco waved his wand. "Expelliarmus!" Ron barely moved out of the way in time. "Expelliarmus! Expelliarmus! Slugulus Eructo!"

Ron managed to throw up a shield to block the first spell but it faltered upon impact and the next two spells hit him in quick succession. Ron's wand went flying into Draco's outstretched hand and a green light sent Ron flying backwards. Ron landed on his butt with his head down and the Slytherins and Ravenclaws burst into cheers. Ron looked up red faced and a slug came sliding out of his open mouth. There were sounds of disgust all around the hall and a few girls looked green.

Draco smirked as he tossed Ron's wand at him before walking off the stage with his head held high.